• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

A Poor College Student's Daily Project Update

Has anyone replaced the oil drain line with the stainless braided hose that you can get for the HE351 turbos? My friend suggested that I try that since replacing the gasket did nothing to fix my leak
IMAG1190_zps7upytmfr.jpg

IMAG1215_zpsnpv3m576.jpg

IMAG1212_zpsrso9nh0r.jpg

Thanks, I think that's what I'll end up going with eventually. The leak has stopped, but it's not a very clean fix like that is.

The updated tune has made the truck a monster. It's currently doing 0-60 in about 10 seconds when stabbed from a stop, not brake boosted. It's a little smokey in the low end but that's alright, the turbo lights very quickly and clears up the soot in a respectable time. EGTs are fairly low for the most part, they level off around 1000* at WOT once it kicks into 3rd gear, and the truck pulls VERY hard everywhere in the rev range. It's a very nice change from what I was running before. Overall, I'm a highly satisfied customer.

Waste gate controller came apart at some point within the last few days, and I'm now only pushing 10-12psi instead of the 18 i should be seeing with it. I plan on wiring it shut this weekend to get me through the semester until I can build another one.

Back