• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

A New Victim Brought To Barry's Refuge

Wow the clear is BAKED! I thought mine was bad but that takes the cake... Over all a paint job and engine would get you a great truck.

Wow the clear is BAKED! I thought mine was bad but that takes the cake... Over all a paint job and engine would get you a great truck.

Very few places will require color. The whole truck will need clear. The peeling is the hood and roof. Maybe a half dozen very small dings and the one spot of very light surface rust. Pretty clean for 308 k.

Seems like blue and white were the worst for peeling paint. I got a new paint job on my 93 under warranty back in 95-96 some time. It was white.
Your 93 is to nice to part out.

Rear brakes

I pulled the axle shafts out and took the hubs/drums off the rear tonight. As I suspected the shoes and drums are wore out. The PO told me he had done nothing to the rears in the 100k that he had it. Passenger side grease seal was leaking badly.
New drums, shoes, wheel cylinders, springs and grease seals tomorrow. It's just one of those things that goes with high miles and a truck that tows. I can't see the added expense of adding the 3 1/2" brakes at this time.
More pics of coarse.
IMG_1799_1.JPGIMG_1811_13.jpgIMG_1800_2.JPGIMG_1801_3.JPGIMG_1802_4.JPGIMG_1803_5.JPGIMG_1804_6.JPGIMG_1805_7.JPGIMG_1806_8.JPGIMG_1807_9.JPGIMG_1808_10.jpgIMG_1809_11.jpgIMG_1810_12.JPG

My 95 w/ 265K has clear coat flaking on EVERY pannell (even the doors) but none of the paint is bad just rock chips and rusted rockers. The 93 is white and has had a repaint at one point, there are rock chips showing old white paint. Yours isn't doing terrible, it has alot more paint than Ol' Blue, lol.

The primer under the white ones was bad. They peel to the primer in large pieces. This one is all original paint from what I can tell. If it was touched up , it was done very well.

IM very Jealous my 93 is a heck of alot rustyer on the under side than that. min has peeling clear on both the doors and the roof, the hood had been repainted but im sure it was peeling at one time as well

A Little Progress

Got all the new brake parts. Drums, next to best shoes, wheel cylinders and all new springs. Ordered new lug nuts, ARP head studs, Harmonic balancer, belt tensioner, 97 HO water pump, and AC Delco thermostat.
Cleaned the hubs up after removing the old drums. Then spent a bunch of time cleaning the greasy gunk off the brake hardware and backing plate. Installed the new grease seals on the hubs and masked for paint. Cleaned the new drums and wheel cylinders and masked for paint.
I got 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of paint on today. Pics as usual.

IMG_1812_1.JPGIMG_1813_2.jpgIMG_1814_3.jpgIMG_1815_4.jpgIMG_1816_5.JPGIMG_1817_6.jpgIMG_1818_7.jpgIMG_1819_8.jpg

Grab it, you're not done buying trucks:D
:???::???: What would make you say that?:D It doesn't mean anything that I'm watching a 92 with mechanical troubles on craigslist[still too high on price and no pics]:D

Aaaaargh!!! bk95td, you make me missing my old blue

see my garage, you'll understand why :cryin::cryin::cryin:

nice find though!

BTW; according to your signature, are you a farmer specialized in growing 6.5s? Man, that's a huge collection. Congrats :thumbsup:

Update and upset

I got the rear brakes back together and the differential cover cleaned and painted and back on.
I recieved some of the needed parts for the engine install and new lugnuts today. I had ordered a timing gasket set ,harmonic balancer, belt tensioner, AC Delco 195 thermostat, Ho water pump from Rockauto. The rockauto shipments came from dallas texas and the bronx new york. They were shipped by fedex. They looked more like they were packed by idiots and shipped in a redi-mix truck . The balancer ,water pump and gasket set were totaled:mad2::mad2::mad2: Rockauto wil not put in the order for replacements untill they have confirmation from fedex has the packages in their possession. I am supposed to haul the damaged parts to a fedex station to be shipped . That would be a 80 mile trip. :WTF::WTF::mad2::mad2: This is the 3rd time that I have had trouble with whoever rockauto ships from in dallas. I won't be buying much from rockauto again. Only what I can't get any where else.
I also received some parts from summit racing today. I got the arp headstuds and new lug nuts and a free hat. The new balancer will be coming from them. They use better boxes and know how to pack things.

pics as usualIMG_1839_1.jpgIMG_1841_3.jpgIMG_1842_4.JPGIMG_1843_5.JPGIMG_1845_7.jpgIMG_1846_8.JPGIMG_1847_9.JPGIMG_1849_11.JPGIMG_1851_13.JPGIMG_1852_14.JPGIMG_1853_15.JPGIMG_1855_17.JPGIMG_1856_18.jpgIMG_1857_19.jpgIMG_1858_20.jpg

That's pretty Spanky-looking, in that rear drum, Barry... nice work!

You're gonna have to tell RockAuto that the next load that arrives damaged, you're gonna put some poop in the box and ship the whole thing back.

Make it worth their while to package things properly...

sorry to hear about rock auto. I ordered some stuff that showed up a little hurt, but it didnt matter on the part, and after hearing about other members' issues (was it big T?) I frankly dont trust them at all, and only order stuff that doesnt mind knocking around together. (I literally plan orders that way) they simply pile all the stuff in, and put paper on top till the box is full. not base layer of crumpled paer, no common sense packing skills at all.

go get em! their packing has always sucked.

glad to see the truck is coming along!

That's pretty Spanky-looking, in that rear drum, Barry... nice work!

You're gonna have to tell RockAuto that the next load that arrives damaged, you're gonna put some poop in the box and ship the whole thing back.

Make it worth their while to package things properly...
The customer service rep is a little lighter in the back end after i chewed most of it off. There is no reason why they couldn't get the replacement parts on the road yesterday. They also could set up the return with fedex and have them come and pick up the returned parts. Summit racing handles it that way. Their mistakes should be their problem ,not mine.
:Justwait2:I could still get the poop in the boxes yet.:cool: I haven't cleaned the cat box in 2 days:thumbsup:. Now's my chance:D

Last edited:
Nice workmanship Barry. Looks good.:thumbsup:

That whole Rockauto shipping situation should have been fixed long ago. Especially since their customer serv rep was turned on to that thread on Big T's troubles and they promised to look into it... 2 weeks ago my shocks came in a dilapidated box and now your stuff is a mess. Are they that arrogant that they don't need all their customers?

I just got new tierod ends, idler arm, pitman arm, and steering dampner from them. The only part that could have gotten hurt was the dampner but they stuffed it into a small enough box that things didn't slide. I will say that the box was CRAP! It was an old used box that was only held together by the rockauto tape, i got lucky and it got on a truck that cared about its packages.

Nice workmanship Barry. Looks good.:thumbsup:

That whole Rockauto shipping situation should have been fixed long ago. Especially since their customer serv rep was turned on to that thread on Big T's troubles and they promised to look into it... 2 weeks ago my shocks came in a dilapidated box and now your stuff is a mess. Are they that arrogant that they don't need all their customers?
Maybe their customer service[or the lack of] needs a link to this thread. No news travels as fast as bad news. My packages were in used boxes also.

Ya they dont want to lower their profit margin by buying any packing material or decent boxes. You cant order a heavy steel item along with anything thats breakable cuz they just toss them in the same box with no packing

Back