• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

A/C Delco Reman injection pump

If you go that route. Make sure to cap off the turbos oil feed line.
Good thought Jaryd. I forgot about that.
I made a big mess one time, 8.2 detroit, forgot to install a plug on the turbo oil feed, shot oil clean to the ceiling of the shop. Friday afternoon and almost quitting time, I knew I had to have it all cleaned up before I went home. Lots of detergent in an old water fire extinguisher and was able to shoot the solution to the ceiling, at least sixteen foot tall, a little water and it rinsed right off. LOL

I have never done that...wait is that a video of...um I have to go delete something

Seriously worth your time to bleed and verify all injectors before the turbo goes back on.
Too late , turbo was already back on and truck running when I first posted, still working on the drivers side .

Too late , turbo was already back on and truck running when I first posted, still working on the drivers side .
I have the drivers side done and all buttoned up, started fine coughed a few times then smoothed out, let it run for 30 min up to temp . step on the throttle and hold at 2000 rpm, everything seems fine and the it just dies off , no throttle response ,goes down to 800 ish rpm then surges up and down, then smoothes out again. ??? suggestions welcome and wanted .

Do You have a clear hose hooked to the fuel return, if not, install one and check to see if there is air being pulled into the system.

Do You have a clear hose hooked to the fuel return, if not, install one and check to see if there is air being pulled into the system.
Looks like you have to pull the upper intake to put a clear hose on ?
I can only find yellow tinted Tygon hose suitable for fuel.

Hardware stores sell clear. Home Depot,lowes, ace, truevalue. And normally you can get right to it. Inbetween the ip and thermostat housing.

Looks like you have to pull the upper intake to put a clear hose on ?
I can only find yellow tinted Tygon hose suitable for fuel.
The yellow tinted hose should be okay, long as You can see through it.
Dont need to pull the intake, install the hose clamp on the IP with the hex to the left rear so it is readily tightened from the left side of the enine. I installed the forwards clamp, on the return pipe, with the clamps gear mechanism to the rear of engine and the hex pointing forwards and to the right. I could then get on it with the 1/4" drive, a mid length extension and the flex/wobbly attachment.

Back