• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

99 suburban 6.5 with 5 speed

Hard to see but looks like the 1st pic has a crack going up to diamond beyond the ring.
2nd pic I see 2 cracks? 1 at 3:00 going to the left and top right corner going out at 2:00. I can not see it goin beyond ring.

Problem is my laptop screen is not great, can anyone else see better on their wazoo hd monitor?

I took a pic on my iPhone on a head in my garage, but can't add the pic for some reason. Could be I'm too old and technology zoomed past me.

I use a brass drift(fat headed punch) to knock out the cup through the injector port.

image.jpg This pic shows the fire ring area. Any cracks in the precups that are inside the carbon covered area would be ok to re use. If the crack goes into the grey area where there is no carbon you need to discard the precup.

So can I use old pre cup out of old sets of heads? And brass punch them back in? And change them all to match? Diamond- t stamp ect? And thank you for input :)

Mounted pedals, hydro brake, and clutch master pictures tommorow, putting t stamp pre cups in low mileage heads question? Any sealant needed to reinsert? Parts for motor in mail from rock auto, re ring kit and ac deco balancers thanks guys for rock auto code saved 23$ all adds up thinking of moose jr injection pump next and maybe a turbo from leroy

Runs like top! five speed in, need to have rear driveline made but got all wiring and gauges and almost there, one more day and I should be driving, lots of little bugs to still work out have to wire up transfer case went with manual so wireing different from auto 4x4, wiring always slows me down:( not my cup of tea but soon yes soon

Cool! I sure would like something to stir myself. I have a transmission and all the pieces for a 2WD conversion, but I'd rather find a stick truck and have this stuff for a spare. Everything I have is automatic...

Anybody able to come up with a conversion parts list for the hydraulic system (IIRC 96+)? Am getting tired of trying to find a donor. Also do not need the headache of explaining to the Missus about why it is a good idea to store a dead donor truck in the yard . . .

And by the way, CONGRATS on getting the Row-Boat-Burb running! :D:D:D

Was this ever done??? wanting to do the same thing and have located a wrecked 5 speed truck.

Guessing ill need the trans, trans tunnel cover, pedal assembly and clutch master cylinder from the truck and it will all swap into the suburban? only thing custom needed will most likely be the drive shafts right?

also swap over the ecu or get mine custom tuned at that time.

Back