• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

99 suburban 6.5 with 5 speed

gmctrucksrock

gmctrucksrock
Reaction score
Just got a gasser for free with 230,000 with bad tranny flawless body seats 8 leather all bells and whistles! on cl found 94 with 6.5 5 speed (800bucks) picking it up an gonna start the transfer have a db2 with injection lines to make it manual injection pump, did a clutch pedal transfer on cousins rig was super simple, so no problem with clutch pedal, gonna trade hydro boost brake system out, kinda feelin gitty to have a 1/2 ton with 6.5 and five speed thinking great family truckster also have a rolled 2001 suburban in back yard with disc brake system thinking of doing the trade on it also. Will update with things to come!

I hope the parts truck was wothy of parts truck status. Remember, thou shalt not junk a rust free factory 5 speed truck. :)

Otherwise, awesome swap, sounds like it should be ultra MPG friendly. is it 2wd or 4wd?

Got 94 running had broke starter bolt, both one ton and Burban 4x4, ran like top but lots of blow by coming out of CD-R apox teaspoon for five minutes, lots of unburned fuel when I got it running I ramped up rpms for about three minutes lots of blue smoke and smelled diesel, let it run for about ten minutes for full warm up and still same cloud when ramping up rpms, so great rebuilder, body on truck trashed lots of little good parts but nv45 is ultimate score gonna pull motor and tranny soon keep you updated

Had air cleaner tube off turbo and small tube off crd was dripping oil apox teaspoon per five minutes and dipstick tube was puffing didn't do hose and water test ran great I figured I'd tear it down and re-ring and bearing it on minimum

1. Ok gutted suburban, next went to one ton and gutted it cracked block in web, argggg, went to old suburban that boy totaled, tore down 599 block, argggg cracked block in web on crank, pulling my hair out, luckily I have a bare block in shop with no flaws, was hoping for better luck maybe tomorrow

Rats!!! Somebody is going to beat me to a Manual Burb!

So that will put me down to at least #3 in the club as a buddy of mine converted his 6.2 (almost) right after he pulled out of the dealer's lot.

Overhauling block I had under shelf, using Pistons and rods from 599 block, have heads with diamond shape precups, had newer injectors from 599 block,ordering rings and bearings tommorow have gasket kit and head studs in shop already, think I want to run it before I install, gonna chop a front of frame on old Chevy for a in shop run stand so much to do so little time, looks like a bomb went off in shop

I was just coming in to say that Jay is doing a 5 speed Burb too. That sounds like a cool combo. I've thought about 5 speeding my CCLB but its low on the list.

Curious guys I'm building motor out of about four different motors, I have cracks in pre cups my best set of heads with diamond stamps can I leave them or will it bite me in ass? I'm trying to over haul motor and spend little to no money

If the cracks are inside the fire ring, they are ok. When the cracks go outside the fire ring it trashcan time.

I cant find a pic of it, the fire ring: if you look at the head - the circle where the head gasket ring is that seals the combustion chamber area away from the rest of that area is the fire ring location. As in if the crack goes from inside the chamber passed the head gasket sealing area it will leak under pressure and therefore will not work.

I will try to go take a picture of it and post in a little while. If you can post pics of them in the head showing the cracks, we can tell you.

Back