• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

'99 Chev CC SB K2500 cummins repower

Stock 24 valve's should only hit 22 PSI and made 235HP unless it was the 01+ with a 6 speed and it was 25 PSI of boost and 250HP. The 6.5 is a peppy engine off the line for the first few feet, even more so than my DURAMAX. The CUMMINS needs to build boost before it can really take off whereas the 6.5 will just blow some black until boost comes in. The higher compression ratio of the 6.5 allows it more initial grunt, but once they are both on boost it goes to the CUMMINS.

I need to clarify that I have a 1992 12v in my truck with the VE rotary pump currently putting out 160hp. Make no mistake, when I am done, it will kick any 6.5's ass, but until it warms up, it will stay stock.

The 24v will burn the tires for a block if you take a Smarty and change the torque management in the ECM. Of course forget about driving it in the rain.....:D. My 24v puts out more than 22 psi of boost and it is stock. I'm running Autometer Pro comp Boost gauge. Full sweep of course..:D

Back