• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

'97 Suburban 2500 rear brake - help needed please

Nope, according to all I have read and seen on here, it is a semi-floater. Lost some weight carrying capacity but gained a posi-traction :)

Vibration at highway speed

Hi all

As a footnote to the above, after installing the new axle started to notice a nasty vibration just as I hit 100 kph on the speedo (actually about 105 according to the GPS). DId some (more) extensive reading on the net and narrowed it down to a few things, but thought I would start on the simple things fist.
Saturday morning I crawled under the truck, unfastyened the drive shaft at the rear diff and rotated the shaft 180 deg. Fastened everything back up aagain and went for a test drive on the highway. Hey presto, vibration gone!!:) Feeling very pleased with myself. Slowly but surely checking off all the items on the to-do list.

Next up is the non functioning rear washer, can find no mention of where this littlel bastard is located in the Haynes manual (I suspect it is next to the rear wiper motor) Any ideas as to how to tackle this little job?

If you did in fact go to a 9.5" semi floater, you need to have a new driveshaft built. The 9.5" 14 bolt and the 10 bolt use the same driveshaft(different yokes for the u-joints as the 9.5" and 10.5" both use a 1350 whereas the 10 bolt uses an S44), but the 10.5" 14 bolt full floater uses a driveshaft roughly 2 inches shorter because the 10.5" has a longer pinion stickout from the axle centerline.

Nope, according to all I have read and seen on here, it is a semi-floater. Lost some weight carrying capacity but gained a posi-traction :)

The vid in post #2 is a full float. So are pics in post #5. I asked for pictures of your axle flange so we could confirm what you have. You might have the 13x 2.5" brakes. Those are what im looking for to convert my 6 lug to bigger brakes (might just do a disc set up?)

Back