• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

'97 K2500 hydro boost power brake Leaking ???

Cleaning the weep hole does actually help a problem, it just allows you to verify if it is actually leaking with in a couple days instead of a week. The ported thing is out of my league.

Hydroboost units have either a cast or machined vent/port underneath, mil/spec have a port that looks like a vacuum port which vents up to the engine intake stack.

All it takes to damage the main piston is a grain of sand in the system which scuffs the cylinder and or piston then the seal leaks, there are high pressure filters that can be retrofitted just after p/s pump before the hydroboost, low pressure return filters (2) are also a good PM method. A raised p/s pump reservoir fill is best or a hose adapted to the p/s fill to raise cap up higher in engine bay to keep dirt off/out the p/s pump the cap should be vented with a vacuum line port and filter.

I run a high pressure p/s pump w/dual p/s coolers too one in chassis rail and another (former 4L60e cooler) up front.

Low pressure return filters should be used on the steering box only as any restriction in the hydroboost return line will keep the brakes on or on longer.

Say if filter plugs and there is glue spilled on bypass from sloppy manufacturing... Documented condition on some filters made for this purpose.

Low pressure return filters should be used on the steering box only as any restriction in the hydroboost return line will keep the brakes on or on longer.

Say if filter plugs and there is glue spilled on bypass from sloppy manufacturing... Documented condition on some filters made for this purpose.

This interesting what brands are affected? I have to rethink my setup.

Back