• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

97.5 H1 Hummer 6.5TD need help

Update: swapped out the ckp sensor for an AC Delco unit, they do look very different. The am general one had no visible metal pickups at the end but the AC Delco one does. Sadly it didn't change a damn thing, the truck runs so terrible now like it is hitting on maybe 5 cylinders if I'm lucky. I think the IP just totally took an internal shit and the first warning sign was the stepper motor adjustments not doing shit.

Attachments

WarWagon

Well it hits on 7 of 8...
Longer video?

I hear the diesel rattle so the timing is in range. That doesn't mean they are all hitting right. It sounds like timing is wandering.

I keep thinking about my 1992 project truck that ate the keyway and key on the lower sprocket. But it had no diesel rattle.

Does the radiator hose get hard as soon as you start the engine cold? Cracks, head gasket?

The no start with the OPS disconnected... If you buy another pump convert it to a DB2! Seriously I am not sure this clue and procedure was followed or explained well enough.

There is no way it is the head gasket this started with a P0216 code pump not following desired timing and got worse when I messed with the TDCO until we got to this point. Doesn't smell like burning coolant at all.

I'm trying to keep it stock I already bought a DS4 pump from Leroy.

WarWagon

Well it hits on 7 of 8...
Just throwing it out there - you are at the rig and we can't tell what the exhaust smells like... I feel your pain on junk IP's...

Keep us posted on how the new pump works out.

I just need the IP to run long enough to crack the block damnit! Or throw a rod or blow a HG something worth junking this D code thin block lol. The H1 radiator setup is particularly hard on these engines and mine has 170k just won't die, the block is so thin it sounds like a 50's tractor compared to new diesels.