• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

97.5 H1 Hummer 6.5TD need help

Charlotte NC is not that far lol. I re-read the service manual and I think the problem is just that I am an idiot. The TDCO shows 2.46 so who knows how advanced it really is, I thought I was supposed to go toward the passenger side but that is advancing it more per the service manual. I was supposed to go towards the drivers side, which explains why it got worse by putting it towards the passenger side. Also I have done the TDCO learn like 10 times without driving the truck, and the KOKO like 8 times without driving it, from what I read the PCM will give up if you do it too many times without learning the rest of the driveability deal.
By far you are NOT an idiot "its called a learning curve" beside this you ask questions. PM me your email addy & I can send you the GM tech course for GM 6.5 efi a8 m16 final pdf it's too large to post here @ 9.06 mb

No just assume I am a functioning retard.
NOPE! You are not stay the course............this site has many pros when it comes to GM & AM diesels etc plus there are sections where you can voice your opinion without be banned for life like most other web sites keeping in mind young ones and the ladies use this site too.

Last edited:
I might cuss once in awhile that is my most frequent sin hah.

Twisted steel just come over to my place and fix this for me my job takes way too much time lol

The best part about this is I have owned the truck for 8 years, I've done this adjustment before with success the problem is so much time goes by between that I forget how to do stuff. Next up after this if this fixes it is tightening all the brake hoses. I put an entire brand new brake system on and 3 out of the 4 hoses leak because I guess a regular 10mm open end wrench doesn't have enough tq before slipping. Bought the proper line wrenches and going back over them. You would think the brass T-fittings and caliper adapters would seal with low tq but I guess not since they've been used once already and I tend to overtighten things hah.

Got the timing rotated correctly and it runs fantastic now. I still want to buy a P400 engine lol.

Buy one as a spare if you still can as they are out of production. I mean have you checked the current engine for mains cracks? :smuggrin:

WarWagon, why you gotta scare everyone? Haha.

@mk1spyder - ok, go play and enjoy it now! Make it earn it’s keep!

If you can afford a p400, now is the time, even if it just sits in the garage for a few years.

Can you fill out your signature line showing what all you have done modification wise? That main web crack thing- it’s real but avoidable imo. Keep the boost and fueling down close to the stock range until you can build the engine right for it, if you can’t get a p400.

If no p400 $, then a takeout optimizer, and go through it over time as $ allows. Balancing the rotating assembly and a fluidampr and main studs - like a grand combined is the insurance against cracked mains. Then head studs holds the head gaskets happy. And you can now play hard with it, but be warned- once you move to a big boy turbo- it gets hard to not add, and add, and add... haha

Back