• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

95 chevy front drive shaft ideas..options...

hereismylife

formerly j k auto
Reaction score
I need to get my front drive shaft done so I can get my 4x4 working again.

I am wondering what everyone did to get there 4x4 working again?

From what the drive shaft builders are telling me is that I have to get a whole new one. They can't lengthen the old one by 3" to make it true. Also I would have to get a 2" round and it is going to be tight under there.....

Like I said I am just wondering what you did to get yours working again.

Thanks

300 for all new it just sits way close going 2 inch but I guess I have now other choice . I can go down to 1 1/2 but then the strength won't be there:mad2:

It just never fails......:nonod:

When I converted my blazer from manual to auto I had to get both shafts made. For the one they had to lengthen they were able to take the ends off my old shaft and weld them to a new tube. That may save you a couple bucks. It was about 14 years ago but IIRC it was around 150 to do that.

When I converted my blazer from manual to auto I had to get both shafts made. For the one they had to lengthen they were able to take the ends off my old shaft and weld them to a new tube. That may save you a couple bucks. It was about 14 years ago but IIRC it was around 150 to do that.

Re-tubing isn't really an option with the front shaft GM used on the 95 SUB. It is one dimension on one end and a completely different dimension on the other. Not many driveline shops can build shafts like this as it is pretty expensive to build them this way for a one off.

Like I said it does suck dealing with this. I never thought dealing with a driveshaft would be so hard. Thanks for the input so far

Back