• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

94 K3500 no acceleration

kgreenlee

Reaction score
Hello. New to the forum. I have a 94 K3500 6.5TD. Just had the fuel control module changed along with the lift pump. Now I have no acceleration. 70 MPH top speed. Any kind of load will slow considerably. Turbo seems to be working fine. Waste gate operates normally. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum, the reason ak is bringing up the lift pump is the truck will start and drive with no lift pump as it is flow on fail. The lack of pressure into the injector pump will cause the problem you are having.

Put a fuel pressure gauge in the line going into the injector pump so that you can read it while driving. Ensure that the gauge never goes into a vacuum. You need a gauge that reeds vacuum and fuel pressure in one. Like this one: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/lil-20300

When is the last time you replaced the fuel filter and screen in the FFM?

On a 1994 do the dual lift pump relay upgrade. You will never have to replace another OPS. The relay upgrade almost always works forever with a bad OPS. as long as the OPS is putting out any juice at all it will trigger the relays.

Do not cut and splice any wires. Make it like Leroydiesel.com makes his as a plug and play unit or just buy his.

I prefer mountable relay sockets as opposed to mountable relays

Back