• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

93 high idle and advance temp sensor?

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
Reaction score
tried to get it at napa and they keep givin' me 1 for a electronic injection.....would anyone have the part # for mechanical injection?

thanks

Pretty sure on a 93 it is a coolant temp sensor and the ECM controls when they are turned off and on.

Pretty sure on a 93 it is a coolant temp sensor and the ECM controls when they are turned off and on.

there is no ECM on mine 93 mechanical injection and 5 speed......it's just a temp switch makes below 85f and open above 85f......ECM controlled by temp type rheostat for high idle and advance.....

I'm not positive if it is the same for manual trans ,but the coolant temp switch[on the coolant crossover] on a 93 with automatic trans is AC Delco #10154649 GM part# is the same. It has a 2 flat connector on it.Not a weatherpak connector. Some of the 6.2s used the same switch.
Rockauto $23.79 Under fuel injection

Get this from your GM dealer. It is not that expensive and the dealer knows what it is - other parts stores simply do not. It is also called a "switch" - not a 'sensor'.

I'm not positive if it is the same for manual trans ,but the coolant temp switch[on the coolant crossover] on a 93 with automatic trans is AC Delco #10154649 GM part# is the same. It has a 2 flat connector on it.Not a weatherpak connector. Some of the 6.2s used the same switch.
Rockauto $23.79 Under fuel injection

yep thats the same # the guy at the dealer gave me.....they didn't have 1 but he is seachin' more dealers.....well i'll just get 1 from rockauto and call off the search!!!.......thanks!!!!....i owe you a :cheers2:

Rockauto is much cheaper than the stealer for the same part. I paid close to $50 for one from the stealer and had to wait 3 days for it. I found it on rockauto using the part#.

WOW $50 for that from the stealer? I ordered one from Carl Black Buick/GMC/Hummer last year and paid $18+tax. The dealers vary a lot in price in my experience, you just have to find one that actually likes to sell parts lol.
Don

Rockauto is much cheaper than the stealer for the same part. I paid close to $50 for one from the stealer and had to wait 3 days for it. I found it on rockauto using the part#.

Bought one last October from my local dealer. GM list then was over $39, I get a little discount. I have noticed GM has really gone up on a lot of little parts like this in the last year or so. I think some stuff has doubled.

Back