• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

93 6.5 problems

DUSTINS6.5

Reaction score
I have a 1993 Silverado k2500 it has 200754 mi on it I have original log book well taken care of I am the second owner and got the truck for 700$ so far I've done 3" straight pipe, manual wastgate, air intake& put a nice set of BFG all terrains 295/75R16 I am very Happy with my Chevy.I lost my 5th gear about a month ago and before that I have had problems getting it to engage the starter I either have to tap the starter or let the truck roll and pop it in gear for it to turn. Can someone tell me some idea's

Ya then after about ten cycles of the key if I'm lucky it will crank,every once in a while I have to jump out and tap the starter.

X2 on the Powermaster. My stock starter was doing the same thing as yours. Then I had fuel issues and the starter finally gave up. ( I think I murdered it! ) You will be very happy when you crank it with the Powermaster. It's well worth the price.

Back