• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

9 11 Never Forget

Louis thanks for this!!!!!!

1. Paveltolz - Paul
2. Pepperidge- Paul
3. Handcannon- Don, I will also bring this up during prayer time at church today.
4. Missy Good Wrench
5. Dave Barbieri
6. AK Diesel Driver
7. CtChevy427 - Bill
8. Diesel -T
9. Turbine Doc

Very mixed feelings this day, anger to sadness to disbelief that so many have forgotten, watching reruns of it on TV this morning bringing it home.

My Dad & I were together when this happened, at 1st we thought it was a hoax kind of like Orson Wells War of the Worlds;

Unfortunately this time it was true that alien invaders from the sky did attack us.

Dad passed July 2007 this was " our day" to visit regardless where I was or he was one of us would call the other to visit & remember, Dad 30 years USN me 16 years USN/R this was just another "bond" between us.

That call isn't coming today, just like calls from the victims won't be made this day either, it's heart breaking to think some will forget over time or dismiss this as just another day in history. I pray for those families & also pray we never forget.

Last edited:
1. Paveltolz - Paul
2. Pepperidge- Paul
3. Handcannon- Don, I will also bring this up during prayer time at church today.
4. Missy Good Wrench
5. Dave Barbieri
6. AK Diesel Driver
7. CtChevy427 - Bill
8. Diesel -T
9. Turbine Doc
10. Jim Faire

This day brings up some very mixed emotions for me... on Sept 11, 2001, I remember being angry that somebody would dare, almost afraid for what might happen to the world next, sad for the loss of life, proud of those who fought back and those who fought to save others, and careful to gather my family and loved ones, wishing I could shield them from this.

Over the next few years, I felt disgust at those who sought to profit from this (politically or commercially), outrage at those who trivialized the deaths by claiming conspiracy theories, ongoing pride in those who sought to rebuild, sorrow at the changes that this fear brought to our society.

All of these come back, every Sept 11... and like Tim, I used to share those and talk with my Dad on that day, as we both struggled to make sense out of a world that seemed very different, that seemed to have changed motivations and purposes. My Dad passed in 2005, but on this day, I remember those conversations, as I remember both the fallen and those who distinguished themselves on that day.

Thanks for posting this, and thanks for carrying our prayers to the site, Louis. You're a good man.

Keep the faith, brothers.

I also failed to mention all of the many troops that were there and are still there (Overseas) and doing the "work" that lets "US" live and "choose what we will do" (Freedom) in our everyday lives....God Bless the Fallen and the men and women that are not with their families, so that we can be.

God Bless the Troops and their Families!

9 11 Prayer List

1. Paveltolz - Paul
2. Pepperidge- Paul
4. Missy Good Wrench
5. Dave Barbieri
6. AK Diesel Driver
7. CtChevy427 - Bill
8. Diesel -T
9. Turbine Doc
10. Jim Faire

1. Paveltolz - Paul
2. Pepperidge- Paul
4. Missy Good Wrench
5. Dave Barbieri
6. AK Diesel Driver
7. CtChevy427 - Bill
8. Diesel -T
9. Turbine Doc
10. Jim Faire
11. NVW

Thanks Louis, It seems just like yesterday

Originally Posted by radar1053
"I have the flag out as many do in my neighborhood and it was a very sad day for many. I do remember EXACTLY where I was that day and the world stopped turning as Allen Jackson said in his song. GOD bless all the families and those who were lost. Be damed if those involved with take my freedom from me!!"

Thanks Phil...

1. Paveltolz - Paul
2. Pepperidge- Paul
4. Missy Good Wrench
5. Dave Barbieri
6. AK Diesel Driver
7. CtChevy427 - Bill
8. Diesel -T
9. Turbine Doc - Tim
10. Jim Faire
11. NVW - Leo
12. radar1053 - Phillip

Please... and thank you Louis.

1. Paveltolz - Paul
2. Pepperidge- Paul
4. Missy Good Wrench
5. Dave Barbieri
6. AK Diesel Driver
7. CtChevy427 - Bill
8. Diesel -T
9. Turbine Doc - Tim
10. Jim Faire
11. NVW - Leo
12. radar1053 - Phillip
13. btfarm- Mike
14. Deere3594- Justin

Please!! add me to your list.
Also my daughter Kathleen,lost her only child [my only grand son ]in IRAQ 26 Nov.2004.
Lance Corp. BRADLEY FAIRCLOTH

Thanks,
Rambler

Please!! add me to your list.
Also my daughter Kathleen,lost her only child [my only grand son ]in IRAQ 26 Nov.2004.
Lance Corp. BRADLEY FAIRCLOTH

Thanks,
Rambler

Rambler, no worries, I got you along with your daughter Kathleen and your grandson Lance Corp. Bradley Faircloth...(Prayers and Thanks to you and your family)... and everyone else that replied, Mike (btfarm) and Justin (DEERE3594).

I Prayed, Cried, Laughed (Laughed for the people I knew and the funny stories that came up) and I left a TTS sticker with the list taped to a light pole (right on the West Side Hwy, in front of where the towers stood) along with the gazillion other people that left pics, notes, cards and the personal effects of their loved ones...it was very emotional to say the least....

Strangers (from all over the U.S.) and New Yorkers, hugging, shaking hands and crying together, like they all knew each other forever, swapping stories and memories.

Thanks to everyone that replied, I was proud to represent you all!

Last edited:
Lets also NOT FORGET, the Pentagon, All the airline passengers and especially flight 93 and the TRUE HERO'S that kicked ass and downed that flying bomb in an empty PA. field to save the lives of countless more innocent Americans.....God Bless them All!

Sept 11 is a rough day. From the 36 hrs of manning a machine gun to going to Ground Zero and seeing the wreakage first hand. Some images I cant get out of my head and wish I didnt see it. Its hard to believe that people just disappeared to nothing. God Bless the Fallen and the First Responders!

Sept 11 is a rough day. From the 36 hrs of manning a machine gun to going to Ground Zero and seeing the wreckage first hand. Some images I cant get out of my head and wish I didn't see it. Its hard to believe that people just disappeared to nothing. God Bless the Fallen and the First Responders!

It was incomprehensible, just dust...If I had not seen it, I would not have believed it....The worst thing by far were the people who decided to leap from the buildings, I couldn't imagine having to make that choice and then choosing to jump.....It was surreal.

As gruesome and horrific as these things are to bring up and talk about, I feel it's necessary to fully remember the magnitude of what happened....So that nobody forgets, because I will NEVER FORGET!

Gunner, Thank You for your service and God Bless you and your family..........and of course all the innocent people that died these needless and unthinkable deaths.

Back