• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

84 C10 blower won't come on

Landon730

Reaction score
I can't get the blower to kick on and it looks like it was replaced not long ago. (Truck was last on road in 2008 lol) But anyways I THINK its the control head because the sliders feel pretty loose. Checked with a multimeter and we have voltage to the relay under the hood. Had to run a direct wire from a/c compressor to battery to charge the system. Blows cold air out the floor vent but whenever I use the sliders on the control head nothing changes.

The blower motor needs a ground and grounds through the flange/case on the motor itself. The fiberglass AC box doesn't offer any electrical conductivity to the cab of the truck. Maybe that's your problem.. ?

The blower motor needs a ground and grounds through the flange/case on the motor itself. The fiberglass AC box doesn't offer any electrical conductivity to the cab of the truck. Maybe that's your problem.. ?
Ill look at it and get some pictures for you tomorrow I didn't think to look for grounds

You need a pump , that is what powers the vents and doors . No pump , no movements .

Yes^^ The HVAC on these were all vacuum actuated. Could be that the blower motor is doing it's thing but you cannot feel any air from the vents. Can't recall if there's a default position, say defrost only, if the vacuum isn't hooked up.

If you don’t want belt driven vacuum pump, just get an electric one in there.

If you have a mighty vac test tool or house vacuum with a hose, just rig it temporarily to the main line where the pump was and test if it opens the valves.

Man I miss when 2 cables controlled everything. Once every 30 years replace a couple $20 cables and only if from a rusty area. Plenty of factory cables in use on rigs around here.

Back