• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

'84 Blazer Alignment Question

cornemuse

Reaction score
My '84 Blazer (4wd diesel) alignment is screwed up! Driver side tire is wearing out on the outside badly. No four wheeling in 8 years, some dirt roads but not bad ones, 99% pavement driving. Prolly 2,000 miles per year. (I'm retired) Passenger side tire is fine. Had it for 17+ years and used to really flog it, and never any problems. Not cupping, just smooth wearing out.

What would/could cause this?

-corne-

Worn components
Ball joints; worn upper/ lowers joints aka ing pins; worn idler/pitman;etc.

Most tire shops do free estimates. Stop in, get an estimate. Then if you need to save some cash, swap parts yourself. You can do a tape measure alignment to get it close or just stop back in for the alignment after you swapped the parts.

Dont just buy the parts they say, just jack it up and check out those parts first.

Check the king pins, wheel bearings, and tie rod ends. The syeering all ties off of the drivers side so its odd its giving you trouble. I do know the steering setup on those is not the best as most do a cross over steering conversion.

Not too bad of a job if You want to do it Yourself.
Then You can replace the front axle U~Joints and the rest of the worn components.

Back