• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

82 GMC K1500 /6.2L Diesel

Nice square body.
The rear door on that shell is interesting, never seen that before. Either that or never paid attention. Can ya show a picture of it open from the back?
I like the lines in front of the sliders too, nice styling touch.

Nice square body.
The rear door on that shell is interesting, never seen that before. Either that or never paid attention. Can ya show a picture of it open from the back?
I've seen a bunch with that style latch - almost all.
Not sure if that's what you're referring to.

Nice square body.
If I remember right the topper on my 1989 Toyota 5 speed, was more like he has pictured.

Had it 9 months 45,000 miles, hated the truck. Didn't get very good fuel mileage.
With 3 of us in the cab, we had to roll down both windows and stick our arms out the windows to shut the doors. Middleman had to run the shifter.

Traded it for the 1989 C2500 6.2 which got better mpg's and worked for 800,000 miles.

If I remember right the topper on my 1989 Toyota 5 speed, was more like he has pictured.

Had it 9 months 45,000 miles, hated the truck. Didn't get very good fuel mileage.
With 3 of us in the cab, we had to roll down both windows and stick our arms out the windows to shut the doors. Middleman had to run the shifter.

Traded it for the 1989 C2500 6.2 which got better mpg's and worked for 800,000 miles.
A friend showed here one day, driving a nissan pigup.
He was blowharding what a good truck he had. Let Him go on for about a half an hour. When He started winding down I asked, already knew the answer, by the way, how many miles to the gallen You get with that rig ? He puffs up peacock proud, I get 15 miles to the gallon with that running 70 MPH.
I kind of laughed, what the heck are You humping around in that tuna can for ? This here old 93 GMC with its 350 V8 and auto trans gets better mileage than that, Him: BS, told Him fact, gets 17 MPG on a bad day. Usually runs about 18. Your 💩ing Me. Nope not at all.
Didnt see him for several days. Then here he comes, driving a brand new Chevrolet 1/2 ton with that newer engine, He said it is a 327 V8. Whatever liter that would be ? 😹

Back