• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

#8 Glow Plug...

Pillow

Recruit
Reaction score
How do you get to it?

I can kinda see it. I can kinda feel it. I can't get it. :(

I took the turbo out and all the related air intake parts, but I cannot reach it. The exhaust downpipe will not come out, so that is not an option, I tried.

Hints! help! anything!

Thanks!

I did mine from above when I did it. I couldn't see it and did the job with a deep well socket and a 1/4" ratchet and did it by brale. Then again I do things the hard way sometimes as I don't like taking off extra stuff if I don't have to.

Definitely thru the inner fender. I usually take a utility knife and cut a small section out where I can get at it. Just big enough and it wont affect anything.

my 96 i can get from either above or below my 94 plow truck must sit differently being a 1/2t, I got it but just barely

Same here, My 95 K 1500 was a bear but my 93 was easy(ish, it was siezed and took some leverage on a 3/8 break over).

My 95 took a combo of extensions, wobble joints, and a U joint style.

Same as above but I use a hole saw to make a hole in inner fender in the right spot so when I look through it I see #8, then with long 3/8's extentions reach in. Use a plastic gromet to fill the hole when done.

The whole side is so much easier pulling the inner fender.

The time to pull the fender is less than the time playing braille, chase the dropped socket, and the twist and snap of doing it from above or below.

With the fender out, you can also make sure the wires are safely routed once your done.

my two cents

I'm getting more used to pulling the inner. Think I might practice again today on the 98 Suburban

The time to pull the fender is less than the time playing braille, chase the dropped socket, and the twist and snap of doing it from above or below.

With the fender out, you can also make sure the wires are safely routed once your done.

my two cents

my two cents

x2.

Got it!!!

I was rested tonight and more patient. With a long reach I got it without having to take the fender out. There was juuuust enough room to get my arm/hand in there.

Thanks guys!!!

... And of course I used some anti-seize on the threads! LOL

Back