• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

78/79 Bronco Resto/mod

Raleigh

Reaction score
Let me start by saying "Caution, this is a FORD!":eek:
So I bought myself a '78 Bronco over the summer and lifted, added TBI and wheeled the hell out of it.
Then I bought a very clean and mostly rust free '79 body and frame, which is why I bought the Suburban.
I am going to be doing a frame off restomod of the Bronco, taking the 2 and making 1 perfect Bronco.

My friend's 6.2 project

So at this point I have begun stripping down the trucks, the frame will be going to powder coating next week.

Figured as much! :fing26:

It would be sick, but not sure which way it will go. Just depends on what I can find when I am ready for an engine and trans.

More tear down this week, and I sold one of the tops. I am hoping to get the frame to media blast and powder coating this week.

Got the frame sand blasted and powder coated, picked it up this afternoon.
frame1lp.jpg

frame2iu.jpg

frame3jw.jpg

frame4m.jpg

lookin like a good start!!

those offroad pics look like they were taken at the start of rattlesnake in 5 mile pass.

Haven't posted on here for a bit so here is what I have done so far
Pulled the axles and needed parts from the '78
axleremoval1.jpg

axleremoval2.jpg

axleremoval3.jpg

Frame in it's new home
frame5y.jpg

frame6p.jpg

The '78 going to the scrap yard
scrap1i.jpg

broncoscrap.jpg

Body work so far, getting ready for primer/sealer
passquarter1.jpg

passquarter2.jpg

driverquarter2.jpg

driverfender1.jpg

You might consider doing simular (as far as powdercoating go's). I bought this car from the junk yard and one year later had it to the point I could enter it in a car show in TN at "Chevellabration".
119.jpg

Had the whole shell was powdercoated before puting all new sheet metal on it.
623.jpg

The Chevelle in the back with beige color top is the one I built up from the bones of the Oldsmobile (top pic)
both1972chevelles.jpg

Gonna be one nice Bronco. Are you a body man or one of those DIY till I die, types?

I do as much as I feel like I can and do it right! I like to learn new ways to get things done so I do everything I can.
I will be taking it to be primer/sealed by a pro then blocking it myself before taking back to be painted.

If I had air I would probably lay the primer myself, but I don't and this way the paint and primer will be of the same system.

You might consider doing simular (as far as powdercoating go's). I bought this car from the junk yard and one year later had it to the point I could enter it in a car show in TN at "Chevellabration".
View attachment 32766

Had the whole shell was powdercoated before puting all new sheet metal on it.
View attachment 32768

The Chevelle in the back with beige color top is the one I built up from the bones of the Oldsmobile (top pic)
View attachment 32767

That is a beautiful car Leroy, I hadn't thought of powder coating the tub, it will be a 2 tone silver and charcoal.

Back