• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

68 C10 Chevy 6.5T

The evac is going to be a venturi style evac. You might notice that I have vent valve covers on both sides. I will evac both banks this way. I just have to calculate the right orfice or I will have to much vacuum.

Update. I finished exhaust ceramic coated and wrapped. Installed gauges boost, pyro, fuel pressure, and tach. Door panels installed. Mounted oil cooler and made new lines. Refabed intercooler lines and powder coated them. Installed VSS and fixed some tweaks in the ECM. Painted and installed inner fenders.
WP_20160204_18_37_18_Pro.jpg WP_20160204_18_53_29_Pro.jpg WP_20160206_18_35_47_Pro.jpg WP_20160206_19_40_02_Pro.jpg WP_20160206_19_40_11_Pro.jpg WP_20160206_19_40_17_Pro.jpg WP_20160211_17_41_17_Pro.jpg WP_20160211_17_46_08_Pro.jpg WP_20160213_17_05_06_Pro.jpg WP_20160213_17_05_11_Pro.jpg

For anyone wanting to know the oil cooler adapters from Leroy are awesome. The most precise AN adapter fitting.

Not at all very quite. The fuel pump is louder then the engine.
I mean at 70mph at to the guy standing on the street. He'll here you coming a mile away :) Like Jorge said though it might save his live too.
For anyone wanting to know the oil cooler adapters from Leroy are awesome. The most precise AN adapter fitting.
Thank you. Im really prideful of them. They are like little precious metal treasure to me when I look at them all in the bin. Is that weird?

I mean at 70mph at to the guy standing on the street. He'll here you coming a mile away :) Like Jorge said though it might save his live too.
Thank you. Im really prideful of them. They are like little precious metal treasure to me when I look at them all in the bin. Is that weird?

It isn't as loud as my 4-53 Detroit in my dually. The exhaust exits on that same side but right before the rear duals. It should be quite a sound to be walking or being passed by on that side.
Not at all weird on the fittings they are a very nice pieces.

Weird? No! You worked hard on something to make it the best you can, and it turns out great. I believe it's called "pride in craftsmanship".

You EARN it on the fittings same as Marv does on his truck.

now if it could be contagious what could it help....

Update! Drove truck tell it got 150 miles on it and boom! I was speed shifting and still boosting when I stripped out third gear. It was my fault as I didn't reshim it when I tore it apart the second time. I got new gears from Tremec that are a little stronger and shimmed it tight! I now have about a 1000 miles on it. The first tank was 18mpg the second was 20mpg I am still on the third. Its hard to stay out of it! I will be building a full manual 4l80 for it and retuning it with everything it can get!
WP_20160410_09_41_59_Pro.jpg WP_20160410_09_42_03_Pro.jpg WP_20160413_19_39_49_Pro.jpg WP_20160418_19_25_59_Pro.jpg WP_20160430_12_35_20_Pro.jpg

Stories always go better when something went boom in the middle of the story instead of the end. Glad to here shifting again.
Full manual 4l80? Why not just an opti shift or something?

I like to be in control of the trans. I work on automatics all day and hate how they shift on there own even when programmed.

Oh, working on them all the time has fried your brain almost as much as the desert sun has fried mine.;)

I liked my manual shift 4l80 in my ride for the 1st month, after that I was tired of it. It was better than the top loader 4 or the Doug Nash 5 I had. Manual being able play with the clutch and slam gear was fun also until holding in that heavy clutch in traffic or trying to take off without scratching the tires in front of a cop.

Now I'm old. I just want to push 1 pedal and have a hand free to scratch my umm legs- ya legs.

Back