• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

68 C10 Chevy 6.5T

Well I used 8ga to each bank. I soldered each terminal for glow plug relay. I then used 14ga to each glow plug all soldered. I wrapped it in a high heat sleeve. The sleeve is good for a constant 1200 deg and 2000 deg intermediate. I used factory gm push in clips to hold harness.

Sounds like a nice harness. Do you have fuseable link or some sort of fuse incorperated?

O I forgot to take pics of that. I'm sorry it slipped my mind. Lets start from the beginning. Ok from my distribution block I am running a 6ga wire to a 50A circuit breaker. Then a 6ga wire from the breaker to the glow plug relay. Then the 8ga wire wrapped in the high heat sleeve to the 14ga wires wrapped in the sleeving running to the glow plugs. If you look at the right bank you can see I'm running the wires under the heat shield. I hope it works and the wires don't melt. I didn't want the wires running under the manifold. Just ask if you want to know any thing else.

Here are some pics of what I have done latly. The first pic is the circuit breaker for the glow plugs. Next is the oil pressure gauge line. The rest is the exhaust cross over I made and the v band flange I welded on to the turbo. I still need to ceramic coat the cross over and put the bottom connecting flange on.
IMAG0403.jpgIMAG0404.jpgIMAG0398.jpgIMAG0399.jpgIMAG0400.jpgIMAG0401.jpgIMAG0402.jpgIMAG0405.jpg

Nice build, I've got a 66 I'm working on. Had a 68 step side years okay that was in decent shape.

Do you think that T5 will hold up to the torque of the 6.5?

Thanks. The T5 will hold, unkown how much. We will see and then improve the weak spots that show. It has had a few mods done but no gears. There are gear sets that handle 550hp and even a heaver case. The main failures are from 5000 rpm clutch drops and sticky slicks. There are still people who drag race with these boxes and they survive. It boils down to how its treated some people can break crow bars in sandboxes

Yeah that's a good point. I had a friend with a stock 305 firebird and lost his T5 twice. Wasn't too rough on it.

I'm considering a TKO600 for my 66... the $3600 price tag for the whole kit is what's scaring me..

It'll be interesting to see how yours holds up.

That is why i went t5 cheap and plentiful. I had a t5 behind my 417 hp turbo 2.3 and beat the hell out of it. Never blew. It had enough torque to twist the frame and lift the L tire off the ground when launched.

More pics. Wrapped the crossover and installed it with new manifold gaskets. I also got the hoses made and ran for the oil cooler.
IMAG0410.jpg IMAG0411.jpg IMAG0412.jpg IMAG0413.jpg IMAG0414.jpg

What bolts did you use on the crossover? I'm tired of my donut gaskets blowing out and need to ditch the studs.

Well I had some bad luck with the starter removed over a dozen times kept jumping teeth. I even got a new starter still did the same I got it meshed pretty good only kicked out once. I got the filters and the fuel system primed had a couple leaks from lines I didn't tighten. I got fuel out of injector lines and hooked them back up. I turned the key let it glow and it RUNS!!! It needs to be timed but it runs great. It was nice and smooth and not rattly. The turbo sounds great and throttle response is awesome.

Back