• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

68 C10 Chevy 6.5T

Wow, absolutely amazing! I'm glad I came across this thread.

Good call going 5 speed! What gears will you be running out back?

The gears are 3.73.

Real nice work on the truck. Brings back memories from years ago, except my truck was not anywhere near that nice.

I learned to drive on a 1969 C10 (250 inline 6) three on the tree with the 4.10 rear end. Would love to still have it.

Yea this is the 5th one I have had I love these body styles.

Thank both of you for the kind words.

P9190244.jpg

Just before I sold mine. Needed another body off and I didn't have the inclination.

You have come a long ways! Its a very rewarding feeling when you look at what you started with, and then look at what you have in the end, which in your case will really be something special. I'm following along with great anticipation.:)

Matt

You have come a long ways! Its a very rewarding feeling when you look at what you started with, and then look at what you have in the end, which in your case will really be something special. I'm following along with great anticipation.:)

Matt
Thanks.

Top to Bottom, excellent work. I am an old member here, just had some time to reminisce. Buddy of mine has a 69 C10 383 and I personally have done a unique 6.5 TD conversion, seeing those two worlds collide here is something special. You did it right. Enjoy!

Top to Bottom, excellent work. I am an old member here, just had some time to reminisce. Buddy of mine has a 69 C10 383 and I personally have done a unique 6.5 TD conversion, seeing those two worlds collide here is something special. You did it right. Enjoy!
Thanks. Your the one who had the 6.5 camaro. I loved that car it was nicely done.

Heres mine.

022.jpg

009.jpg

This shows a stainless steel steering column I build from scratch. What is pretty funny/cool is the bowl portion of the column is a drinking mug that I modified. It had the perfect shape so why not
023.jpg

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
IMO, 72 was last good looking chevy till the 400 rolled out. Maybe I owned so many 73/87 trucks over the years, that I don't appreciate them. Nice looking trucks OP and Leroy. That truck is on my bucket list to get probably after cj8 scrambler project.

I wired up the glow plugs, made a new harness. I wrapped the harness in a high temp sleeve. I also used push in clips to hold the harness to the injector line brackets. It came out pretty good. I hooked up a test battery and checked all the electrical. I got a code 29 and code 49 I didn't hook up the STL light. I hooked up the STL light and still got a code 29 and no WTS light. I bought a new glow plug relay and that fixed the code 29. I now only have codes 81/82/83 due to the computer being an automatic. Buddy is going to clear out those codes and the code 78 he is also going to tweak the VSS pulses. I also wrapped the starter wire in the same sleeve and finished that wiring. I made the turbo oil line and finally permanently mounted the turbo with new manifold gasket and oil drain tube gasket.
IMAG0390.jpg IMAG0391.jpg IMAG0392.jpg IMAG0393.jpg IMAG0394.jpg

Would like to hear more details on the GP harness. Im going to need something for next project.

Back