• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5L Diesel Members - Need your suggestions

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
All, I wanted to poll this group ( as you are the largest and most active group on the forum) as to what features or anything else that is missing here that you would like to see?

I will visit all suggestions and try my best to make them happen. You may start a conversation with me or just reply to this thread.

Thanks,
Jeff

Seeing as you asked . . . :D

All observations are from a PC using current FireFox and logged-off.

> Alert notifications are erratic.

> The current 'smileys' are Ok, but the previous ones were more cool. :vulcan:

> The default style for a PC is 'TTS Lite' (list just the Forum topics) and I have to manually change the style to either 'Default' or 'TTS Dark' to then view which Forum has current posts.

> Upon logoff, the style returns to 'TTS Lite' even though I picked one of the other two styels to better see what is going on.

> From the main page (thetruckstop.us), all threads show 'New' even though the most current thead in some cases is month(s) old.

For mobile . . . (Android 4.x)
> Rather painful to post contents as I have yet to figure out how to get the character return <CR> to work and it appears to do active interrogation of the text (for spell check?) which bogs down the process over the digital network.

Aside from that Mrs Lincoln, the site is rather nice. :cigar:

Appreciate the asking. Right now I'm drawing a blank. I've been kinda infrequent to the forum lately. I'm sure that'll change eventually. I mean c'mon, I own a 6.5! :D (6.2 technically) But knock on wood, she's been rock solid faithful to me and I have the members here to thank for their sage advice. Any little quirk that comes along is nothing really to start a thread over. Most things have been covered at least 4 times and that's a good thing.

I cannot get used to tapatalk and the Win 8.1 browser in my phone will spaz out (can't log in) when trying to post from the phone when out and about. I am not much of a computer/phone techie to decipher Wat Wen Wong.. lol

Seeing as you asked . . . :D

All observations are from a PC using current FireFox and logged-off.

> Alert notifications are erratic.

> The current 'smileys' are Ok, but the previous ones were more cool. :vulcan:

> The default style for a PC is 'TTS Lite' (list just the Forum topics) and I have to manually change the style to either 'Default' or 'TTS Dark' to then view which Forum has current posts.

> Upon logoff, the style returns to 'TTS Lite' even though I picked one of the other two styels to better see what is going on.

> From the main page (thetruckstop.us), all threads show 'New' even though the most current thead in some cases is month(s) old.

For mobile . . . (Android 4.x)
> Rather painful to post contents as I have yet to figure out how to get the character return <CR> to work and it appears to do active interrogation of the text (for spell check?) which bogs down the process over the digital network.

Aside from that Mrs Lincoln, the site is rather nice. :cigar:

X2! on :bucktooth: :hungover: :finger: :facepalm:

The current 'smileys' flat out plain suck, as the previous ones were more cool and old posts look funny conveying different meanings without them. If we could bring the old ones back or use a generic "missing" for the old ones for older posts pre-software change.

Alerts need to handle being "clicked" on rather than clearing on mouse over. What a PIA I can't get used to. Click on it and keep all alerts open for viewing. No clearing or jumping 2" to the right and cleared...

As posted,,the smiley's suck big time.
Actually the whole new program sucks, i can't get used to it.
I find myself visiting less and less.

I've found most people don't adopt to change.. however, in this case it HAD to be done. I'm sorry you don't like it, but I can 100% say everything about this software is 100x better than what we had.

Security, responsiveness, speed...I could keep typing..

It is what it is, I've put a lot of work and money for it not to be right. I'm asking for suggestions, and for now until you can find me something better the software isn't going to change.

Smileys don't make the software, which seems to be the most thing bitched about here.

I've found most people don't adopt to change.. however, in this case it HAD to be done. I'm sorry you don't like it, but I can 100% say everything about this software is 100x better than what we had.

It is what it is, I've put a lot of work and money for it not to be right. I'm asking for suggestions, and for now until you can find me something better the software isn't going to change.

Smileys don't make the software, which seems to be the most thing bitched about here.
BoostN, I am sorry for not liking it, i am an old fart and there are some things i can't get that exited about anymore.
That's prob why i still drive 6.5 dinosaurs and am still with my first wife.;)
Hell i don't even have a cell phone!!.
Don't get me wrong though, I do appreciate what you do for the site,.. i just liked the old site better that's all.

BoostN, I am sorry for not liking it, i am an old fart and there are some things i can't get that exited about anymore.
That's prob why i still drive 6.5 dinosaurs and am still with my first wife.;)
Hell i don't even have a cell phone!!.
Don't get me wrong though, I do appreciate what you do for the site,.. i just liked the old site better that's all.

Sheesh - Cantankerous old fart mixed with a stubborn Dutchman... - Sheesh!

You're not nearly as old as me Simon and I don't have any complaints other than the Smilies and to that I say - so what...

Maybe it does make the user experience. Is their not a way to add more than the suck ones we get now?

Yes I miss the old software because from my perspective it worked better as far as visibility vs the "TTS Dark". So more improvements to "TTS Dark" could help. Again we don't see the side of it you do, but, you asked what we see and do or don't like.

It is a lot faster for me. The smiley dudes are ok to me, what I need is a sarcasm indicator!

Regarding the age thing, that's not grey on my head - it's chrome for the car show.

I like the new site, but yeah X's whatever the smileys do suck :) I tried to start a thread at one time where we could add our own in one spot then cut/paste the url into a thread kind of like this
32676-5a1c27f6820d2f0fa08f90327c49a9cf.jpg
but we need them sized appropriately.

Also, I like how some forums when you are notified by email of a new post then the new posters content/text is included in the email too.

Also, I like how some forums when you are notified by email of a new post then the new posters content/text is included in the email too.

That's a feature I turned off, because users seem to want to reply to the email. Usually it is a private conversation, and when they reply by email (which we know doesn't work, you need to login to the website and reply to the conversation) it will send it to me and the private conversation is non of my business..

It does have it's pros and cons..

Maybe it does make the user experience. Is their not a way to add more than the suck ones we get now?

Yes I miss the old software because from my perspective it worked better as far as visibility vs the "TTS Dark". So more improvements to "TTS Dark" could help. Again we don't see the side of it you do, but, you asked what we see and do or don't like.

I've made a few changes to TTS Dark today, let me know what else you would like to see.

We need more traffic here for sure. I can't think of anything to bring it in, but have tried in my own small way by doing giveaways and telling new customers to check out TTS.

I've made a few changes to TTS Dark today . . .

Ewww!!! Don't take it personally, but, EEEWWW!!! Now it is just as broken as the 'default' is :vomit::vomit::vomit:

If possible, *please* put it back . . .

I can live with all the 'Web 2.0' stuff as that is what the script kiddies like these days, but if anything needs 'fixing', it is the highly erratic notifications (read: far fewer notifications than updates to subscribed threads that get updates).

And just to make sure that the feedback does not seem tilted, overall the page design is good and the 'Web 2.0' stuff is acceptable. It is the core functionality that needs a little help.

Last edited:
Back