• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 to vm638

b7c572d0c3265e21d4e224f7814670fa.jpg

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

The throttle plugs into the loom on this motor, not the pump. Will email you closer pics of the potentiometer.

Hello Littleboy,

Did you install new injection pump or you convert this pump.

Do you maybe have parts list,did you order parts to convert or you make them.

In previous post i read that you install bigger nozzles. Do also have so part nr...

How many hp did you get from this engine.

Thanks

Best regards

Miha

We made a few of the parts to convert them. Did at least 2 pumps, the one puts out 220 cc's of fuel and it has compound turbos on. It's a lot of fun to drive

We made a few of the parts to convert them. Did at least 2 pumps, the one puts out 220 cc's of fuel and it has compound turbos on. It's a lot of fun to drive
Hello Little boy

Can you convert it for me maybe.

Give me some contact that we can talk about it.

Thanks

Miha

4ecf4e0ec8414318e9406018df676359.jpg

Hello Humps
I have several of these 638 engines and am trying to get one of them running. I hate to pester you but I see you say to Mhia that you have wiring diagrams. My engines were all stripped out of UPS trucks back in 2000 or so and stripped is the operative word. Rad hoses slashed, wires chopped, ect. I don't think these engines were popular with fleet mechanics and they didn't expect anyone would ever try to reuse them. Mine all have chevy bellhousings , flywheels with clutch and pressure plates, and vee belts, bosch injector pumps and are low mileage. I have had them in storage for a long time while trying to find information on them. It is not easy to find much. I would be very grateful if you were able to share any of your experience or technical data. Wiring diagrams or any information about tuning the ecu would be a huge help.
Do you have your installed and running Yet?

Hello Humps
I have several of these 638 engines and am trying to get one of them running. I hate to pester you but I see you say to Mhia that you have wiring diagrams. My engines were all stripped out of UPS trucks back in 2000 or so and stripped is the operative word. Rad hoses slashed, wires chopped, ect. I don't think these engines were popular with fleet mechanics and they didn't expect anyone would ever try to reuse them. Mine all have chevy bellhousings , flywheels with clutch and pressure plates, and vee belts, bosch injector pumps and are low mileage. I have had them in storage for a long time while trying to find information on them. It is not easy to find much. I would be very grateful if you were able to share any of your experience or technical data. Wiring diagrams or any information about tuning the ecu would be a huge help.
Do you have your installed and running Yet?

Hello BlkSmith,

We have similar problem with those engines. I have them 5 new ones.

But now im in final tunning some small stuff and then they are done.

I live in Slovenia (eu), near italy and I was able to get original wiring scheme from Vm and bosch.
But there is some problem on it with throttle potentiometer. But we resolve it.

Now my engine goes to high rev and works perfect.

I think one guy from Netherland talk me about you and your engines.

What do you want or need on those engines?

Maybe i can help

Br

Miha

Hello BlkSmith,

I live in Slovenia (eu), near italy and I was able to get original wiring scheme from Vm and bosch.

Maybe i can help

Br

Miha
Hello Miha,

Thank you for responding.

Yes we both talked to Sven in Netherlands. I have no wire harness. Just engines with bosch injection pumps I think I can find ecu and throttle potentiometers. But I have to make my wiring harness. Original VM wiring scheme would be wonderful.

I am very glad to hear your engines work perfect. I had talked to others with low rev problems. These engines were used for very short time by Detriot Deisel in the US and tech information is hard to find.
I will send you a email at the address you gave Humps.
Thank you

Hello BlkSmith,

Maybe i can help

Br

Miha
Miha did you get my email? I am unable to find a wire schematic. If you could help me with this I would be very grateful .
thank you Blksmith

HI Guys,\
Any chance you can help me with a wiring diagram, having trouble matching up the plugs and wires..
thanks
john
Hello John,
I can help with a basic wiring diagram and pin number layout. I got it from someone else who helped me. So I feel obligated to pass it on. Can you send me a email contact? I am not sure how to post it here. I would also like to know more about your project. I am still feeling my way with mine and any information is welcome.
Blksmith

Hi Blksmith
Many thanks for the reply
Email is [email protected]
Loads of ins and outs with mine will describe more on email?
Basically I have some BMW marine D190 that need a rebuild. The long block on the Vm 638 is virtually the same so trying to retro fit.
Cheers
John

Thank you very much Blksmith :)

The below shows one with the grey highlighted trace to earth.
Does this mean i can join pin 12 on the ecu to earth and it will idle without one?
or does this need some TPS with 4 pins
its going in a boat, using the 638 long block to replace the BMW D190 block.TPS.jpg
Thanks
John

Back