• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 super charger

Approaching 60 here. Been trying like hell to rehab my right foot after 3 rounds of surgery to repair a completely torn Brevis tendon, then bone saw work (osteotomies) to address the alignment from walking around for 20+ years on the torn tendon. Up until mid-June when my wife hosted a series of guests at our Montana home, I had lost 35 lbs this year, the result of watching what I ate and averaging 7 miles walking a day. All that said, the foot never improves. Scar tissue is now causing chronic plantar fasciitis. The foot is never comfortable and will wake me up at night. I also never seem to get past a general soreness overall. I’ve been on vacation this week and trying to hit the fishing everyday, but wading through rocky streams is taking its toll. It’s almost to the point where I’m looking forward to the easier life of my desk job.

Approaching 60 here. Been trying like hell to rehab my right foot after 3 rounds of surgery to repair a completely torn Brevis tendon, then bone saw work (osteotomies) to address the alignment from walking around for 20+ years on the torn tendon. Up until mid-June when my wife hosted a series of guests at our Montana home, I had lost 35 lbs this year, the result of watching what I ate and averaging 7 miles walking a day. All that said, the foot never improves. Scar tissue is now causing chronic plantar fasciitis. The foot is never comfortable and will wake me up at night. I also never seem to get past a general soreness overall. I’ve been on vacation this week and trying to hit the fishing everyday, but wading through rocky streams is taking its toll. It’s almost to the point where I’m looking forward to the easier life of my desk job.
Wish you well in your recovery...

I wasn’t meaning to copy cat that one. I mean make a set of intake headers for optimum intake flow and have them hook up to plumbing with remote coolers used.

Its just painful to have an intake manifold and cooler cost twice that of what v8 gassers cost. I know- r&d cost and small amount will ever get sold.
Like the design for Flathead Fords, but now for a 6.5.

But all y'all got years on me.

I am actually surprised at the mix of ages on here esp. after meeting some members from here and they got decades on me. You are closer to my age. Later I met some that are younger on here. I had wrongly assumed a different age group at first due to the Tech age barrier I have experienced in the past. ;)

@ WarWagon yeah your probably right..what gets me is when guys are talking about programing and doing all this computer stuff to get trucks running better.. or talking about other computer stuff...the phone in my hand is about the only tech thing I own... I actually do own a laptop, bought it last year cause it was 100 bucks at black Friday sale..I learned how to turn it on and that's about it..sits in it's case..
What gets me is the guys on here that know all this tech stuff and are in 60s and better...I totally missed the tech explosion era late 90s early 2000s. Because I was otherwise detained...lol...never caught up...
We do have a wide spread of age on here though.. which is nice cause different experiences and having guys that worked at all these big auto places and such is awesome cause there still in the loop as to what's going on with these vehicles..

db2 ALL the way! And I don't even understand the voodoo inside of it either!
I'll tell you all about voodoo, my wife yells out "hey honey is your neck bothering you?", I yell back, no why? She proudly comes strolling into the man cave, and held up a small doll and stuck it with a needle in the neck and yelling, how about now?

Back