• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 super charger

On the supercharger? Nope- they just sell the kit unless you want to tell them how to build an engine for you. When I asked about under or overdrive on the pulley- he didn’t have any options to give.

Hilarious, One guy has answers and the other doesn’t. Or maybe same guy and after I explained how it would be odd to only have one boost option, he did some asking around the office. Haha

Does that Aussie intake fit 60° heads?
I was looking for the charge air liquid intercooled intake from Marinediesel AB Sweden, sadly they are out of business now! Some used ones are still floating around.
Would love to pair with a unique diesel upper plenum and a sidemount turbo.

Finally got in touch, messaged with the senior engineer a while, he sent me some very good pics as well as the cad drawings of the various assembly's, I will call him next week...

You can't really tell from the pics Will posted but the lower manifold is not a old one with mods , it's a new casting and was engineered for performance, the top plate & cooler, and it's a large cooler as well. no gaskets, o rings on all mating faces, runners are tapered and designed to be straight making passage from plenum to valves as straight as possible..

Listen pal- back in my day, $20 bought the intake and enough fuel to cruise the strip once installed! Haha.
I'm probably older than you.... 61 here.... and in my day we hand built nearly everything....
I just turned 60 July 4th. I remember back in 1983 buying a BBC Edelbrock dual 4bbl manifold with a pair of Carter 600cfm AFB's on it, complete with progressive linkage, slightly used, for $50 from a guy I knew who was in need of some cash quick. $5 put half a tank of gas in the '68 Nova with a seriously built tall deck 454 truck motor stuffed into it in front of a close ratio 4-speed Muncie that the manifold assembly went onto of a different friend of mine whom I sold the whole set up to for $150 (still a fantastic deal). His wheelie bars were for go, he could pick up the front tires of the Nova off the ground about a foot when he dumped the clutch at 3,500 rpm and all eight barrels were kicked in! And we could cruise all night on that $5 of gas, too, just running on the 2bbls of the primary carb.

Not sure how I ended up here.... But all y'all got years on me.. (42)...for some reason y'all seem to have alot more ambition and energy then I do though..lol...takes me 2hrs of drinking coffee in morning just to get the ambition to water the plants...then I need to sit down again....guess some are/feel young at heart and some are old at heart lol..

Not sure how I ended up here.... But all y'all got years on me.. (42)...for some reason y'all seem to have alot more ambition and energy then I do though..lol...takes me 2hrs of drinking coffee in morning just to get the ambition to water the plants...then I need to sit down again....guess some are/feel young at heart and some are old at heart lol..
Man, i dont have the energy I once had. Work at 7:00 am to 3:30, stop on the way home and get a rack of beer, a bite of supper then to the garage until midnight or later, drink most the rack of beer in the process, back to work next morning and start the process again.
I did real good until this HA hit me. Now it seems I cant move fast enough to take off the weight or even keep from gaining more.
Seems like a loosing battle. It did seem like I got a little gitup and go when I was following instructions to get the heating problems on the truck figured out. Felt like I accomplished something anyhow.

I just turned 60 July 4th. I remember back in 1983 buying a BBC Edelbrock dual 4bbl manifold with a pair of Carter 600cfm AFB's on it, complete with progressive linkage, slightly used, for $50 from a guy I knew who was in need of some cash quick. $5 put half a tank of gas in the '68 Nova with a seriously built tall deck 454 truck motor stuffed into it in front of a close ratio 4-speed Muncie that the manifold assembly went onto of a different friend of mine whom I sold the whole set up to for $150 (still a fantastic deal). His wheelie bars were for go, he could pick up the front tires of the Nova off the ground about a foot when he dumped the clutch at 3,500 rpm and all eight barrels were kicked in! And we could cruise all night on that $5 of gas, too, just running on the 2bbls of the primary carb.
One old guy here, wishing you and everyone else many, many, more years of birthdays...

Back