• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 super charger

Will L.

Reaction score
One of the guys on the Hummer forum (Tom65), a cool guy, bought this set up for his Hummer.
It’s designed to go onto n/a hummer heads which is same as normal heads in pickups.
I emailed them about pricing just the lower intake with the built in water to air inner cooler, waiting for the return info.

B299447D-098A-4F50-83D2-334D1D91279D.png
It was on a thread talking about inner cooling so he showed it, and included some info of his place for some parts:
http://www.siliconeintakes.com/ and mentioned that the bosch pumps are around $70 a d for a small fitting area he found a Derale cooler that fit in our compact radiator area well.

I didn’t realize until after sending the email, it gobbles up part of the the room for center mount turbo. So I cant use the intake, but maybe one of you all with the side mount can. Would be easy to make a plate on top for hose attachment, or two hose attachmentfor twin turbos...

I wonder how the CAC within the intake manifold would affect the engine cooling, and the combustion process with the intake air temp being much warmer.
I wonder if the intake air temp sensor would need to be moved to under the CAC to catch the increase in temp. For OBD2 systems.

More cool stuff I will never afford...
Yup, I know that feeling. 😩😹😹😹
Maybe a bunch of usnin here should start a lottery ticket group. Each person, once a week, buys a lottery ticket of some sort. If someone of the group hits a big one, then they split wit all the members of the group. I could afford two dollars a week for a Montana cash or a power ball ticket. Then post the numbers for our tickets in the forum thread before that tickets drawing date, just to keep it honest 🤷‍♂️😹😹😹
Maybe someone hits a big one then, we all get a maneefold and a super charger, maybe even a Hummer to installum on too. 👍😹😹😹

Been thinking for years of rear steering kit for my hummer. It is exactly same components front and rear, just where the tie rod ends normally go to the centerlink and pitman/idler arm up front- in the rear they just go to the frame.
Newest one is auto return to center... kinda cool but wont clear fuel tank so the guy put fuel tank in bed of hummer- NOPE.
But a cool system otherwise: https://bulletproofrearsteer.com/

i just noticed- another “bullet” in the name. No wonder its all expensive! Haha

Here is the thread this popped up on btw. http://www.hummernetworkforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=248991

I got a reply back from the supercharger company- but am fighting my email right now. I had 3 emails that popped in in the last couple days that are not showing up on my phone app email. I will post it here soon as it gets fixed but it was over two grand for intake and innercooler. That much I remember.

Yeah, it like it is an unfair price. But enough cash and the no centermount area for me that I am out. Center-mount completely over the trans is a bit too much. A person could use the pipe style heat exchanger and that manifold one to pull out more heat.
Again, pickups have so much more room to work with.

Ok, email is goofing up, but I got this screenshot of his response.
Note the spacers he mentions they use to slow heat transfer into the manifold...
$2830 Australian is like 2181 US dollars.
the pic he enclosed in the email is just like above pic on Tom’s rug, without the supercharger.

4A942170-36EA-4608-B662-14168E29B5F6.jpeg

Attachments

• 90782EE8-198C-45E2-A31D-03FF7016F87D.jpeg
    90782EE8-198C-45E2-A31D-03FF7016F87D.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 2
To me, this begs the question... which of you plastic injection printer dudes could set the 6.5 world on fire making a killer intake manifold?
Plastic is far better intake.
Make 2 ‘header’ pieces that bolts on and point foreword to a cac supply...Y pieces and such already exist...

To me, this begs the question... which of you plastic injection printer dudes could set the 6.5 world on fire making a killer intake manifold?
Plastic is far better intake.
Make 2 ‘header’ pieces that bolts on and point foreword to a cac supply...Y pieces and such already exist...

Well that would require a 3D cad drawing of the part, costly to reverse engineer to say the least, and I'm sure the part is copy righted...

From pics I found on the web, it looks like a very well engineered piece , and the price is in line with the quality me thinks... a lot of thought was put into it it would seem...

I wasn’t meaning to copy cat that one. I mean make a set of intake headers for optimum intake flow and have them hook up to plumbing with remote coolers used.

Its just painful to have an intake manifold and cooler cost twice that of what v8 gassers cost. I know- r&d cost and small amount will ever get sold.

Well a Holley High Ram is around 900$ without a cooler inside, the cooler inside is 1800$ more so I don't consider this that bad, I have about 1K in 1/2 a hand built intake and could not fab one as nice as this one seems to be for anywhere close to their price....

Back