• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 stalling

Dunk123

Reaction score
I recently installed a long block navistar in my 94 k3500. After finally getting it started it will run for 10 min and shutoff. I have switched out the pmd with a new one it does the same thing. I can not get any data stream from the computer. OTC genesys says no data. I'm thinking the ecm is shot. The fella I bought the truck from has a Heath chip in it. Any advice would e appreciated.

If the truck is running ok (maybe just needs timing assumed from engine swap) and you cant read anything, I would suspect communication error, not ecm failure. Toasted ecm wont allow engine to run right at all.

Should there be 12v on the red wire t the data link. If so I dont have it and the fuel pump relay is good. I also powered that wire and it isn't broken anywhere.

Update pulled the ecm and pulled the Heath prom. Reinstalled everything and the truck started and it runs good except for a very long hard morning start.

Back