• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 performance fuel pumps?

BBB82

Reaction score
Has anyone ran or know anything about the injection pumps that they have? Was looking at the BADDER MECH that they say will do 4100 rpm. Sounds nice just need some info before butting that kind of cash down, I will take everyones two cents. Thanks for your time Gents.:

http: //www.uniquediesel.com/fuelsystem.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Take a moment to update your signature so we know what flavor of 6.5 we are advising on, those are mechanical pumps & won't work on yours if you are a DS4 electronic IP'd truck unless you do a conversion. DS4 with a decent reflash will deliver all the fuel 99% of folks can use. More to follow after you fill in details on your truck.

What they say is true about they normally cur out before 3500rpm, and I mean cut out completely. Most people dont like going higher than that anyway, unless youre looking to race it around. With a good turbo and real good flow (as in not any stock turbo system) 4100rpm can be very powerful.

Can't you adjust any old DB2 to what ever rpm cut off you want? I think I read somewhere you could, maybe not. I have a stock HD 6.2 db2 2829-4153, I like the 375 HP one but thats out of my budget way-out.

The red line of these engines is 3400 or 3600 RPM depending on where you get your info from. I don't like the idea of pushing 10+ year old valve springs that hard. For a real eye opener look up over speed on helicopter or aircraft piston engines and the required tear down of the engine after a over speed event. You take out main bearings, stretch rod bolts, and last at extreme speed hit a valve.

I think you meant times per second.

Each valve should open once for every 2 turns of the crank. The camshaft spins at half rate so a full cycle of cam is 2 turns of the crank. If the crank turns at 3000rpm, then the valve opens 1500 times per minute, which is 25 times per second. So at 6000rpm its 50 times per second. With 16 valves, one is opening every millisecond at 6000rpm.

Yep, I had my pump built there, John has a shop that he has helped with the building of the pumps....

My pump does very well, I had to turn the fuel down some from were it was set at to get mine to burn all the fuel I was feeding it.... I am happy with the work....

Thanks Chris!

We're working with Both the DB2 and DB4 pumps. These things are pricey but do put out the fuel when modified. There is more to come, doing some testing on yet another pump mod.

I'd like to branch out and offer in-house modding of 6.2/6.5 trucks. Any modification can be installed and performed in the shop (Holset & Schwitzer Turbos, Hanging ATA intercoolers, Pumps, cooling mods, new race engines, etc.)

Currently doing a compound turbo setup on the '82 to see how well it works.

J

Thanks Chris!

We're working with Both the DB2 and DB4 pumps. These things are pricey but do put out the fuel when modified. There is more to come, doing some testing on yet another pump mod.

I'd like to branch out and offer in-house modding of 6.2/6.5 trucks. Any modification can be installed and performed in the shop (Holset & Schwitzer Turbos, Hanging ATA intercoolers, Pumps, cooling mods, new race engines, etc.)

Currently doing a compound turbo setup on the '82 to see how well it works.

J

Interesting!! What for compounds are y'all using? If you care to share..... ;)

Back