• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 & NV4500 truck VSSB connections

SmithvilleD

Reaction score
Can anybody with a manual trans/6.5 truck verify that the VSSB wiring uses both of the 2 connector ports on the VSSB module?

I'm in the later stages of new evap & heater cores, & swapping another 1995 dash in better condition than my original. Have the wiring looms into the dash, then air distribution duct in, & dash rotated back up & attached at the top - everything fitting nicely.

I have all the PCM connections & the VSSB's bigger connector located & attached. Been too long since I took it all apart to recall with certainty that there was a 2nd wiring connector attached to the smaller (3 or 4) pin connection on the VSSB.

Thought I was careful reinstalling the wiring loom into dash, but could have missed something. Just hate to open up the dash again if there isn't this second connector/perhaps manual trans trucks didn't use it?

Behind the glovebox, attached under the tray the ECM sets on, is the VSSB module. I'm only finding a connector in my wiring loom for the larger connection. I suspect the other smaller port may not be used on my truck. If you could look at yours and see if it has anything attached to that smaller 4 pin port, I'd much appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
031.jpg 031.jpg 035.jpg 033.jpg

The VSSB pinouts I've found on ALLDATA for a '95, show 8 input or output connections. That makes me think the one connector is the only one used. But buttoning up the dash & all it's wiring is so many steps, that I'd like to confirm I'm not missing a connection, before I finish putting it together.

Yeah, looks like only one. AK beat me to it. I have the doghouse dash so maybe its a little tighter and I am not sure what I am looking at but the wire connector with the red keeper clip is similar. the other slot has a metal tab in the way. I can feel something like a female port with my finger but again not 100% sure.

Attachments

• vssbmaybe.jpg
    vssbmaybe.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 7
Looks like that 2nd, 4 pin connection isn't used on our trucks. Good news. Didn't want to take it all apart again looking for a missed connection, & would have been looking for something that isn't there. Thanks much guys!

I found this image searching "VSSB pinout": http://s116.photobucket.com/user/StanIROCZ/media/Jerico/VSS/pinout.jpg.html

It only names one of the pins on the 4 pin connector saying, "to cruise control". Might be the difference as the electronic inj 6.5 truck's cruise function is handled in the PCM.

Guessing the DB2 Hummers probably used a cruise module like the earlier mechanical inj trucks (if they have cruise - I'm not that familiar with them).

Back