• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 Navistar 03-06

Rooster65

99 suburban.
Reaction score
New to the site and enjoy learning new things. The Navistar 6.5 is a great engine. I can direct you to someone that has 03-06 6.5 Navistar engines if anyone is interested see posted ebay link. Also have 6.2s

Last edited by a moderator:
I removed your link. We don't allow that, especially since we don't have any knowledge of who you are

Thank you! Still learning what's allowed and what's not.

Sent from my H710VL using Tapatalk
I'm also aware that you have added a couple of other sales links in different posts. I will be removing those later when I have time. From now on, how about erring on the side of caution if you want to add a link and just don't do it unless you ask a staff member first.

I'm also aware that you have added a couple of other sales links in different posts. I will be removing those later when I have time. From now on, how about erring on the side of caution if you want to add a link and just don't do it unless you ask a staff member first.
All I was trying to do was Inform others! Was not trying to sell anything, was not my intention to!

Anyone that has been on this forum a few months is aware of places like teds or boyce. mentioning them as an option is one thing, but only posting with a hot link to 1 source / company makes it look like you are a commission salesman for them.

Nobody here has anything against boyce or teds, would probably be a good idea for them to become a regular vendor here on the site. They pay a little advertising cost to support, and could offer up parts for sale on threads when someone is asking. I know both places sell more than just the engines, they could sale all they offer.

I get wanting to help a business that did you good. I am the same way- so call them up and explain this forum and have them sign up as a vendor so everyone can see all the stuff they sell.

Also maybe fill out your signature, do a thread about your rig. Story time is always fun. We don't pick on anyone's stuff- we all like 'em. Thats why we are here.

Thank you for the information. I'll see what I can do. Advertising would be a smart way for them to go. Didn't know you could actually. I seen Leroy and rockauto but didn't put 2 and 2 together...they could do the same thing. I will pass the word and see what happens. Thanks again.

you sent me a pm and asked why the hate. quit trying to sell a companies products unless you become a vendor. sounds like you are a salesman.

you sent me a pm and asked why the hate. quit trying to sell a companies products unless you become a vendor. sounds like you are a salesman.
Sorry for not knowing what not to do! I understand now and thank you!

Thank you for the information. I'll see what I can do. Advertising would be a smart way for them to go. Didn't know you could actually. I seen Leroy and rockauto but didn't put 2 and 2 together...they could do the same thing. I will pass the word and see what happens. Thanks again.

As Leroy @Burning oil is a Site Sponsor Vendor that sells 6.5 engines links to others who are selling engines and are not site vendors is harming our site vendors. Generally, on here at least, you can mention a place without links if the item is carried by a site vendor. As we have not always had said site vendors that carried engines some old posts may indeed have other links in context for the day they were posted. As you showed up just dumping links all over the place it looked like you were just one robot account dumping SPAM links that happens to forums all the time. Putting the link on members profile pages is like not cleaning up after your dog on my front lawn. You see my signature supporting said engine selling site vendor? Yeah it's absolutely starting off on the wrong foot.

You did it twice...

I'll keep an open mind. Sounds like you may have changed a 6.5 engine and, yeah, when the replacement runs it's great. Regardless feel free to tell us about your 6.2/6.5 adventures.

Just want to say that I didn't know the rules of the furum,now I do. Thank you for all of your positivity. Really helps a person when they are learning!!

"What am I supposed to put here?" in your signature.

Most of us put the year and model of the vehicle and what all has been done to it. It really helps when there's a problem so the guys can see what your working on.
Some put all their vehicles in it.

You can put whatever you want to in it. It ain't got to have nothing to do with a vehicle if you don't want it to. Whatever's on your mind at the time.

You know, I've got to hand it to the people on this site - moderators included. The atmosphere here is always inviting and refreshing. I get and respect the enforcement of rules, etc., but it's always handled respectfully. I've seen some other sites where the subject better by XYZ, or the person bringing up a new idea is trash and gets trashed. In general, I'd say this is the most easy going bunch of guys to get along with, in terms of a forum.

I'm not kissing anyone's rear, but just giving some encouragement to those in the community. The bar is, honestly, set pretty high, in my opinion, through this site.

Back