• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 In A Ranger

here are some of the different styles of injector modifications i tried to allow for mixed fuel...any of these will greatly decrease buildup..

inj-various-setups-jpg.245906

Awesome. Thanks. What a massive change!

I notice at one point you had the goodyear GSA tires on there. I heard they didn’t do as good on some lighter rigs. The 37x12.50x16.5 ones on hummers/hmmwvs were AWESOME. I am heartbroken they don’t make them anymore. The hummer drove so nice on road and there was a few of us hummer owners that did tire swapping comparisons of 8 tire sets on all different terrain swapping so each driver tried each tire on each surface and that tire surprisingly beat all the other tires in almost every category. We didn’t get to compare snow. And heavy mud there were a couple mud tires that did better, but not by a ton. In the sand dunes and shale rock was the biggest surprise how much it beat the competition by.

....the gsa tires were really good. totally sux they quit making them or they would still be my main tire.

when i had to use my vehicle exclusively i could run through a few sets of road tires in a year. since about 2015 i often have a shop truck that i generally live out of while in field and mostly drive my truck after work when i have it with me in the field. it sux to swap around tools all the time but sure saves on tires.

25-35 k a year is better then 70 plus.

the military tires suck in the snow for my application. even siped up pretty good. so i started running dedicated 35 inch snows. and they quit making those now, so after this winter i will be on the hunt for something cost effective again.

the normal style military tires are not good in the mud but get me by, but i also tend to run dedicated mud tires for serious off road work or recovery.

but for the summer, you cant beat the military stuff if you can get a good price.

i am considering some military 42's to replace my iroks. but they will require new wheels since they are 18 inch. and i have a nice set of 16.5 that were custom and several other sets of 16.5's.... so no painless way to go there. the iroks are 6-700 each...and the 42 in militaries i can get for 1000 a set. i dont know anyone running them so it is a gamble for sure to get some wheels and try them. probably 1600 or so being frugal. the pitbull rockers are about 2 g for 42x16.5 in bias.... the 37 in long trails are 600 a set locally when he has them. i missed out last time.

are you running the bfg military or the good years currently?

I run the goodyear wrangler MT 37x12.50x16.5.
I’m basically in Las Vegas Nv so snow is not an issue for me. Going to 17” rims there are a ton more tire options, but some of the places I used to offroad in would kill a tire or two in an hour so I always had extra tires and with 12 bolts could swap tires onto rims in the field as needed. Thats back when you could buy these tires for $40 each with 1/2” tread on them.

I will never get why the military went to the poorer quality performance and shorter life tires instead of staying with the GSA. They paid the same for them too. It’s like some office dude looked at the MT and decided that will be better in the irakistan wars and went by looks instead of performance.:banghead:

Back