• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 gets thumbs up from Cummins

chrisk1500

Reaction score
I was side by side with an 04ish Cummins 4 door 2500. He had all kinds of stickers on the tailgate and rear window, 4" exhaust, A-pillar triple pod, etc.

We were doing 30 MPH when we both hit the go pedal. I got a bit of a jump on him and held him at my back bumper all the way to redline. We ran down the highway like this for a few seconds and then I backed off (EGTs were at 1200F with the foot to the floor).

He pulled up beside me and gave me the 'thumbs up' - he must have been impressed - needless to say, I gave him the thumbs up back... :driving:

Mods can move this if they want - I thought that the 6.5ers might get a kick out of it though...:cheers2:

Nice work! It takes a lot for the Cummins crowd to show respect as they can move out on a dime.

... My 96 is still slow so I can tell no stories at this point :(

I always enjoy hearing of a 6.5 running well like that. And especially against a Cummins! Nice job!

I was side by side with an 04ish Cummins 4 door 2500. He had all kinds of stickers on the tailgate and rear window, 4" exhaust, A-pillar triple pod, etc.

We were doing 30 MPH when we both hit the go pedal. I got a bit of a jump on him and held him at my back bumper all the way to redline. We ran down the highway like this for a few seconds and then I backed off (EGTs were at 1200F with the foot to the floor).

He pulled up beside me and gave me the 'thumbs up' - he must have been impressed - needless to say, I gave him the thumbs up back... :driving:

Mods can move this if they want - I thought that the 6.5ers might get a kick out of it though...:cheers2:

Stickers are cool. They're worth about 5HP each. He would probably get about 10HP for the pillar pod.

Nice job, man! My thumbs up for hanging with him.

Chris, are you sure he wasn't towing a BackHoe when this occured?

Nope.

But remember - I didn't pull away from him, I just kept him behind me from 30 MPH to redline - wherever that was.

I just remember looking at my tach and seeing it pegged straight up and my EGTs pegged at 1200*f. I kept it there for a few moments and the Cummins was not gaining any ground at all. Then I let off and got the thumbs up....:Chevy_anim:

Too Bad my 96 HD is so Heavy......Just under 10,000 lbs.............
Must be nice to have that Light 1500, The mods must make a hell lot more of a difference than on a Dual Wheel paper weight like I have.
Great story, keep em commin.

Louis

Nice a modded up 6.5 will get the jump on a prolly almost stock Cummins :rolleyes5: oh well still better then my 6.5 losing to a 4.3 in a blazer. . .

Mike

LOL " this is the rest of the story " LOL

I'm getting there I'm getting there, It dose help to have it running right to begin with :thumbsup: :D

Bloody flakey PMD's :mad2: its fixed now :D the mods have begone :thumbsup:

Mike

My truck, I must admit is no slouch, and I could floor it and not get pegged RPMs or EGTs to well over 100MPH.

Its quick even with the 3.42 gears.

Maybe I'll see if there is a dyno around here, because soon enough Im swapping out the Gm4 for ATT and will have the propane on it soon. Would be nice to see what they net me.

Nice a modded up 6.5 will get the jump on a prolly almost stock Cummins :rolleyes5: oh well still better then my 6.5 losing to a 4.3 in a blazer. . .

Mike

Come on man...do you enjoy peeing in everyone's oatmeal?
Please try to be a little more positive towards our membership.

FWIW last time I dynoed mine, I wasn't dead last there (2nd from last but still not last :D from "just a 6.5"), dead last was a stock 24V Cummins, and that was before going to ATT & FTB, dyno operator gave me some props saying that was best running 6.5 he had ever run on a dyno, guys at Suncoast sponsoring the event gave a hearty :thumbsup: for "little engine that can".

I towed a trailer to Iowa with disaster relief supplies last summer a buddy with similar loaded trailer/F250 stock 03 stroke could not match mine up the hills.

Edited to add March, 2005 Suncoast dyno results board

Attachments

• DCP00796.jpg
    DCP00796.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Back