• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 Bags

If you do install the Firestone units, know that there's a bunch of symmetrical holes in the frame rail from which to measure and identically place the top brackets.

I think I know why I'm not holding air. I'm used to John Guest fitting and just jamming the lines in...as described in the instructions. With a bit of searching on the net I've determined that you also have to pull on the line and get the collar of the fitting to move with the line to get a good seal. I'll try that tomorrow.

Good tip. Mine have had a slow leak and I couldn't determine why. I'll try this once it warms up a bit.

Leroy, I'll measure my frame to tire spacing tomorrow. I have Firestone bags and had to modify the upper bracket to use them on my 95. There are pics in my "Truck Makeover" thread.

Edit: it's on page 5.
Thanks I'll check it out later today.
If you do install the Firestone units, know that there's a bunch of symmetrical holes in the frame rail from which to measure and identically place the top brackets.

Thanks for the tip.
Im looking at
Firestone.
Air lift.
You bag it. (i think is their name)

Back