• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.2 intake part numbers

scottm

Reaction score
Some manifolds have a wide open plenum, and some have a big vain in the middle. I assume the open ones will flow better, is that the military version? The mil version has something different with the mounting bolts?

Bumping this thread. I am looking to delete the egr on a 1987 Silverado K1500, is this manifold that Ted's has the correct one? Looks to be 23500011. If it matters the truck has a Banks turbo kit on it. Is it better to have the manifold with divider, 14071069. Also, on the latter manifold I see in the casting two bosses with bolt holes behind the intake opening, what mounts there?

The tab mounts in the rear are where the fuel filter mounts on pick ups. Hummers / Hmmwvs mount the filter off the engine, so no tabs there.

On a 6.5 I've seen the fuel filter mounted between the runners and I'm familiar with them, here's a pic of the two I'm curious about, for reference.

s-l500.jpg

Those holes mount a fuel filter on the early vans . Got one off an 83 G van and I thought it was the rectangular filter but it's only maybe 3/4 the size . This also had a round primary filter on the frame rail . The open intake is worth approx. 20 cfm over the dual plane .

Still looking for the correct manifold to get rid of the egr and make it look like it never existed. 1987 Chevy Silverado K1500, 6.2L with a Banks Sidewinder.

I hadn't noticed the single/dual plane differences before someone mentioned it above. Are they all the same height to where the intake attaches? In this truck's case, the Sidewinder plenum piece.

Actually, if you install intake manifold gaskets for the hd engine, (the one with vacuum reg mounted on the governer), the 'crossover' is effectivly closed off, if & when the egr valve opens, there is no exhaust gas to recirculate. (disconnect & plug the line to the b-fly valve in the exhaust manifold)
-c-

Thank you again for the link uniquediesel, I forwarded the info to my Dad and I believe he placed an order with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back