• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.2 & 6.5 Help finder

Salt Lake City, Utah. Huge two bay shop. We work on everything but mainly GM and Mercedes-Benz. Specialize in diesels and transmissions.
Excellent, address?
Me, Saratoga Springs, Utah. Have garage, tools, jacks, jackstands, OBD-1 or II scanner, internet....

Last edited by a moderator:
Ware Shoals, South Carolina (in the upstate)

Have a 4 bay shop. A press, cutting torch, and many other tools.
If I don't have it, I have a buddy that gives me full access to his lifts and tools and whatever else I need at the full mechanic shop that he owns and runs.

Hi, I'm 10 miles north of Boston. Just bought a 98 GMC 6.5 1500 z71 4x4 don't know much about the mechanics and very limited on tools was hoping my mechanic could help, but he's clueless about diesel engines. Got a great deal on the truck was just hoping it would be trouble free it was well taken care of by previous owner. After 500 miles started stalling I've been trouble shooting it with help of reading these threads ,I have other vehicles in no hurry my question you being from mass can you recommend someone who won't stick it to me .I have AAA plus free towing 100 miles.

Hi, I'm 10 miles north of Boston. Just bought a 98 GMC 6.5 1500 z71 4x4 don't know much about the mechanics and very limited on tools was hoping my mechanic could help, but he's clueless about diesel engines. Got a great deal on the truck was just hoping it would be trouble free it was well taken care of by previous owner. After 500 miles started stalling I've been trouble shooting it with help of reading these threads ,I have other vehicles in no hurry my question you being from mass can you recommend someone who won't stick it to me .I have AAA plus free towing 100 miles.
Hi Ken.
Does Your new truck have the PDM still mounted on the side of the injection pump ? It will be a black box with a plug of wires to it.
If so, get into Leroy Diesels page and order in a remote mounting kit with the heat sink and the PDM too.
Mount it behind the front bumper, I think it requires the six foot extension cable.
If it has already been mounted behind the front bumper and is on a heat sink, order in a new PDM, if that is not the problem You will have the peace of mind of having a spare PDM with You at all times.
You might also want to start a thread about the problems you are having, the members here can work You through just about any of it.

Hi Ken.
Does Your new truck have the PDM still mounted on the side of the injection pump ? It will be a black box with a plug of wires to it.
If so, get into Leroy Diesels page and order in a remote mounting kit with the heat sink and the PDM too.
Mount it behind the front bumper, I think it requires the six foot extension cable.
If it has already been mounted behind the front bumper and is on a heat sink, order in a new PDM, if that is not the problem You will have the peace of mind of having a spare PDM with You at all times.
You might also want to start a thread about the problems you are having, the members here can work You through just about any of it.
I have one on the way from Leroy , it has been remounted to inner wheel well. Plenty of wire to move it to behind bumper which I will do when part is here,Monday hopefully thanx

Back