• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.2 & 6.5 Help finder

Turbine Doc

Just Another Diesel Guy
Reaction score
On occasion I get an email or call wondering if I know of somebody close to them that can help them with setting time, changing injectors etc. this is a different post from member locator thread http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?4714-6-5-member-locator

What I'm hoping for here is a place for folks to list their capabilities and tools available to possibly help another member out:

Thread is only to list help you can offer, do not ask for help in this thread, this is a resource availability thread only please. on 6.2/6.5 engined platforms.

I'll start out; I can assist with any 6.5 OBD-II issues, most OBD-I issues, have a factory set of manuals for 98 OBD-II and 94 OBD-I,
limited 6.2 been there info, some tech manual info from my 90 GM manual

MT-2500 bi-directional scanner, Injection tools

And there's some good food at Tim's house too!!! Lol.
I'll add my name to the list....I'm on Long Island....and have pretty much any tool EXCEPT a scanner.....Tim bought my Snap-On and someone else got my Tech2.....but I'm failure with Obd1 & 2. Have some manuals too....
Tom

I'm near Lakeland, FL, have GMTDScan tech, have access to Alldata, a lift and $30,000+ in tools, can set timing and have learned quite a bit about these beasts. I'm a Network Engineer by day, computers don't scare me one bit.

One of my favorite things to do is help someone out.

You can find me in central NH and there is not much I cant fix or figue out. I have all the tools neede to work on any 6.2 and 6.5 I also have lots of parts. I have a pop tester and rebuild injectors. I have scan tools and more. I also do powerstroke Dmax and cummins. I also do VW TDI and have VAGCOM. Hit me up. I'm always up for meeting new diesel guys.

I have a garage and every tool needed, except a scanner, to do any repairs. Torches, welders, air compressor, and 2 snap on tool boxes full of tools. I'm in northern Kentucky and will give you my number thru a PM or email if you need my assistance. I do not have a pop tester or any way to set timing but everything else is covered.

I am located in Northeastern Ohio, about 45 minutes south of youngstown. I have a garage and lots of tools, no scanner (yet) but have been "crank deep" in my 6.5. Got a chiltons manual too. Shoot me a PM an Ill get back as soon as I check in...

racer55 - In Ontario Canada, Port Perry/Oshawa area. I have available to help with diagnostics tools such as: Snap On MT2500 with cartirdges from 84-2008 for domestic, GMTD Scantech, Carcode scan tool with GM obdII diagnostic connector for 96-01. Many shop tools such as welders-arc/mig/torches,vertical press ect. Soon to be operational - vertical milling machine,metal lathe. A full selection of hand and air tools collected over 25 years-23+years in the trade. Other specialty tools too numerous to mention - best to ask in advance for anything out of the ordinary. I might even be able to offer some 6.5TD experience when applicable.Very little knowledge of anything with newer diesels though,but willing to learn. Please pm to set up an agreeable time as well as directions and an explanation of the problem. My policy is no equipment to be removed from my property period.

*update 10/2/2010*

kent moore 6.5td tool kit including: IP turning tool & wrenches(both stat styles accessible), Slack tube manometer, Fuel hydrometer, Compression tester, Fuel pressure/vacume gauge and connecting accessories, Glow plug connector remover, Turbo inlet cover, Flywheel/flexplate holder

I have 2 shops, both have good food and cold beer.

I have gmtdscan tech for OBD1, shop manual for a 93 Gmc, Kent Moore 6.5L tool set, just about every tool you could need, mig/tig welder, and torch. I've timed obd1 and db2 trucks, I have also replaced about every Bolton part on a 6.5 and have done head gaskets.

:newbie: from Waterbury, CT here. I have the following shop capabilities:

MIG welder (I usually use this for mild steel structural fab, exhaust systems)
AC/DC TIG welder (for stainless, aluminum, magnesium, other metals)
Cutting and brazing torches
DC plasma cutter
Bridgeport milling machine and associated tooling
Basic oscilloscope

I'm still learning specifics regarding the 6.5l - I'm on my first Chevy and I haven't yet gotten to drive it. I can still help with fab, welding and consuming surplus beer.:friday:

NW Kansas, and SC Idaho.

good tool assortment, torch, welder, etc.

allways have some spare filters in stock, a spare tire or to (or twenty if in KS :) ) have a almost complete 6.5L tool kit in KS. majority of the 6.5L parts are in KS.

we are usually only in ID for a few months out of the year, end of July through early Sept., and usually end of Oct. through end of Nov, so dont depend on us there. :) The Kansas place is usually occupied year round and is alot better equipped.

I'm in central Ma these days. I have mostly anything needed to work on 6.5. Full tool sets, spare parts, filters, pmd's, carcode, Mig welder ect. I never noticed this thread till now.

Update to my list of shop tools - added GMTD Scan Tech. Nice piece of software.
Also I have my lathe up and running now, but it's nothing fancy.

Got my truck on the road this past November and loving it :)

In 29palms ca. Until end of February, then I will be around Yakima wa. Also have just about everything short of gmtech2.

Kingman AZ. Have all the tools to repair these trucks and engines. I have Tech1 access to Tech2 and Snap on Solus. Also have welders mig/arc ,cutting torches, sand blasters and machining tools. I can time all of the 6.5/6.2 engines mech both static and running have a Snap on luminosity timing box. Have Kent Moore 6.5/6.2 tools. I have spare parts also. I only work on GM products ONLY.
I do work on Duramax engines as well just don't care for them.

I forgot to add I work for GM.

Back