• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.2/6.5 assembly tips

Ah yes, me sees. Still learning stuff 'bout these venerable 6.5's.

MGW you chose to use the 'diamond' injector cups. What injector did/will you use, and why...? This could help me chose a combo with my '93. (?) or not. I'm trying to make sense of the pop pressures and pump volume etc. My '93 is a DB2 IP, I think. Need I worry about any of this?

Precups are a lost art dammed few of us understand. To summarize:
Smaller precup = more MPG
Smaller Precup = less fuel that can be burned before it becomes wasted "black smoke"
The Asthma Attack GM3 turbo on a 1993 will mask the smoke on 6.2 military NA precups up to about 1/3 turn on the .31 plunger DB2 IP. Assumed 4" exhaust, Turbomaster at GM turbo choke point 14 PSI, and fender snorkel gone.

Diamond Precup = Less MPG
Diamond Precup = ability to max out pump with larger turbo like a HX40II or A Team Turbo for example.

If you are going 'Stock' precups don't really matter as the engine is being choked to death by the exhaust, down pipe and esp. the GM3 turbo.

Standard German nozzle injectors are the best. Marine nozzles tend to burn up quicker. More info on your build in a new thread would allow more info that applies to your project.

Back