• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

(6/10/09) Do you have a name for your truck?

(6/10/09) Do you have a name for your truck?

• No - never even considered it...

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • No - and anyone who does is kinda odd...

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Yep and his/her name is...

Votes: 30 52.6%

• Total voters

Randy_the_Hack

Reaction score
Subject says it all... (thanks to BigArt) Do you have a name for your truck? I remember a black conservative talk show host (Ken Hamblin, aka The Black Avenger)... his truck's name was "Sweaty Betty". He always said that "Sweaty Betty is always ready"... ):h

Last edited:
My oldest son named my first truck Bubba when he was about 2 years old. It has stuck with every truck that I have owned since.

My wife calls my dually "black", my 89 gasser "frazler" , and the grandam "cacoupeta"

M1A1 Like the Tank! I put it through it's paces pulling a trailer six days a week all summer long doing lawncare and landscaping, then haul salt and a snow plow in the winter. In the mean time it is in the woods four wheelin' and haulin' firewood!

Yep, Sabre.... Not quite sure how or why. I think my better half named her. Maybe from the stance of her when observed from the front. Looks ready to "pounce" on something (as in sabre tooth tiger). :smile5:

Art

Last edited:
The current truck is "The General" and the red burb before was "Big Red"

Attachments

• lil burb.JPG
    lil burb.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 14
  • truck h2's 001.jpg
    truck h2's 001.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 10
That is one nice 'burb! :thumbsup:

Thanks, She's gone now, couldn't find a way to pull a fifth wheel. She wouldn't have liked it anyhow. It didn't tow all that great. It always ran hot, 3 new engine and several radiators later I gave up. Plus the wifey hated it, she is a tad too short to get in and out. I liked it for almost 8 years. It had quad captain chairs all leather, A tv for the kids too. It was getting expensive to keep. It drank gas like it was free. Big tires, big lift, no overdrive= 5-7 mpg's.

Nothing official.

"Weiner-mobile" when I'm trying to squeeze into a small parking lot.

"Beast" most of the time.

My 4yo calls my patrol vehicle "daddy's wee-woo truck"

Every vehicle I've ever owned had a name, though some were unprintable here without falling afoul of the word censor.

My current truck is a big, white 1999 GMC C3500 with a 10' Reading utility back on it. Since he averages 11mpg, never gets a parking ticket, and we always seem to find rabbits around him, the wife and I named him Harvey, after the big white (invisible to others), hard-drinking rabbit in the old Jimmy Stewart movie.

The wife's truck is named BlueHawk, because it's, well, blue, and because on her way home from the dealer the day she took delivery of it, and while trying to come up with a name for him, a red tailed hawk followed alongside her for several miles, just keeping pace with the truck. And, since BlueHawk is the only one of the two that fits in our garage, I made a large wooden sign to hang outside the house over the garage door that says "Hawk's Rest", which is what all our friends now call our home.

Back