• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

599; 141; 506 : same crankshaft ?

Glad to see you again all ;)

Yes, rebuilding saga:

to make it short, I had a 6.5l Ted's take out, a military optimizer. Was running absolutely perfect. A customer felt in love with my engine: he offered me to buy it at very good price, to pay for all mechanic work, and even pay all stuff for me to rebuild a civilian 6.5 for me + profit. Could not resist the offer and sold the engine.

Then, I rebuilt a civilian 6.5l, including gapless rings. The engine was purring like a kitten. Then another customer heard about my engine with gapless rings, came and offered me a very good price. Sold this engine too.
We had a 6.2l military take out from Ted's. Put a new timing set on it and straight in the Blazer!

This engine is absolutely awesome. Smooooth as silk, no clatter, no noise, and strong!

I have warned everybody: I will not sell this one. Consider it the same as if I have welded the engine mounts :)

Good to hear Al, you ever get another ATT? I still love mine.

I installed some ATT on customers truck, they are very happy with them. On mine, I'm running with an HX40W-II; not bad too.

Keep it up and they might pay for you to build yourself a p400!

Hmmm, I should have consider that before spending the extra money elsewhere :facepalm:

Reactions: NVW
Back