• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

500 hp 6.5

Tyler has a cool build going on. Centermounted S372 turbo fueled by a 180cc R&D pump. Im friends with him on FB. It was awesome seeing him put down 493hp to the wheels over the summer. He's going for more next year. Hopefully he makes it down for KOS this year id love to see that truck run in person.

Tyler has a cool build going on. Centermounted S372 turbo fueled by a 180cc R&D pump. Im friends with him on FB. It was awesome seeing him put down 493hp to the wheels over the summer. He's going for more next year. Hopefully he makes it down for KOS this year id love to see that truck run in person.
He told me (on YT) that it is an all stock bottom end. I wonder if he is running such an enormous turbo to avoid scattering the bottom end at low rpm. It would seem to somewhat validate my theory of not building boost down low, but letting them twist a little. I see he uses NO2 to spool it up- doesn't appear to be streetable!

The larger turbo will spool later in the RPM range. That's why he is running a 2200-2400rpm stall converter to help spool the big single better. That and he is running a fully divided hot side with a T4 on a s300 frame so it all that will help with spooling. You defiantly want to avoid high boost numbers under 1500rpm because that's where a diesel makes peak cylinder pressure.

The best part is he is running N/A precups.... the truck cleans up that 180cc pump with no issues. looks like my theory on smaller cups is right on the money. Diamond precups are looking more and more like they were designed to lower emissions and have nothing to do with making more power.

According to the Diesel Performance podcast, it is a stock '94 599 block and pistons with 361k miles on it. I think it's a ds4 pump, could be wrong.

Its a DB4 pump built by R&D. Unfortunately the 8 cylinder DB4 has been discontinued and parts are all gone. I called my supplier last year and nothing was available. He told me he might be able to get the H&R, but the rest of the parts are obsolete and unavailable. I think Justin at R&D bought out all the leftover DB4 parts because he still sells them.

Back