• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4x4 Chevy 6.5 turbo diesel van project.

The idle rpm is hard to tell how it is working. Making adjustments based on the higher rpm is easier for most people to fuess proper positioning on. Rpm would be better reference than mph due to gearing differences.

There is a kentmoore tool for aligning and stamping the timing mark into new covers. I have ligned up db2 over against ds4 cover and made the mark that way.

Luminosity probe timing is different from injector line inductive pickup timing slightly iirc.

I wish I could find the old timing instructions for inductive style to post it. If anyone has it, please do post it and it needs to go into the stickies. Those units seem more available still. The over style the crank sensor piece is always mia and they wear out.
My kent moore timing set has the ability to time 3 ways it appears. It has the magnetic probe which needs room that the old 6.2 pulley system probably had plenty of. It has the clamp on injection line sensor and it has the luminosity probe.
To use the magnetic sensor you need to know the offset and that can be dialed into the kent moore machine. I didn't see any offset information for the tubing clamp though I admit not trying that one since I already had one hooked up.
The luminosity probe seems to be the way to go. It works good at idle but seems to start missing at higher rpms.

Back