• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4x4 actuator upgrade

mfgguru

Makin' it better!
Reaction score
Good day everyone,
I am wondering if anyone knows where I can get a wiring harness that will adapt the newer, quicker style of actuator(electric) to the old style plug on the truck. My buddy wants to upgrade, but GM wants over a 100 bucks for just the adapter. Any info here would be great. If a diy change can be done, please let me know aswell.
Thanks,
Mike

I am looking for procedures for the wiring change over. The plugs are different and we would like to make the transition from old to new. He has the actuator, just need to know how to wire it in.

I am looking for procedures for the wiring change over. The plugs are different and we would like to make the transition from old to new. He has the actuator, just need to know how to wire it in.

I had a new one put in after some years and as i have seen they put the wires from the Actuator to a sensor/switch that sits on top of visa/ versa Tranny / Transfer case, i hope this helps..

i have put them in both my trucks....they are the new up grades(had to remove big slug)i can grab hi-lock at any speed....

The plug from the thermal actuator connects to the new plug. This provides the ground for the motor and the trigger wire to engage the actuator. Then you have to run a power wire that gets connected to a keyed on power source. The new style actuator needs power all the time to work properly. Many people wire them in so that the brown wire just hooks up to the brown wire on the old actuator. This method will engage the axle, but it will not disengage.

Back