• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4wd Issue

My worst was on a forest service road from Willits to Fort Bragg. The road was heavily rutted with tracks as much as a foot deep. It was mostly dry so I just straddled the ruts. However, I came over a swale at a decent speed and on the other side it was mud leading to a pool at the low point. Tried braking and it was a thin film of mud over hard clay, making that pointless. So I stepped on the go pedal hoping I'd make it through. Nope. Hi centered the rear axle with wheels in the hidden ruts of the pool. Then the 4wd actuator failed. We were about an hour in, but luckily got cell reception and a tow operator on the way. $300 and a couple hours and we got yanked out. Then it was to a car wash. Never did get all that red clay off underneath. That was the '95 that my son flipped on black ice.

When I got home last night, there was a hand written sign taped to the door which said "2 wine glasses and a bottle
Cabernet. I'm in the bedroom."

You know how hard it was to carry a dozen roses, two wine glasses and an open bottle of Cabernet across the house?

That is a classic. Mrs. Big T could have destroyed the Burb and all would have been forgiven after Valentines Day, well maybe I guess...:)

Back