• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4l80e transmission troubles

Cpatt792

Reaction score
Hello, I am having trouble with my 1994 6.5 TD transmission. My car will rapidly shift between the lock up, 4th, and 3rd gears for a couple of seconds then a service engine soon light will come on then it will stop for a few minutes and the service engine soon light will turn off the gears will start rapidly shifting. I just changed the shift solinoids and put new oil and filter in the transmission. If any of you know how to fix this please let me know. Thank you

And shift speeds as well as 4th gear can be affected by engine temp. When it reads below 44 degrees I believe it is, it disables 4th gear. So it sounds like you've found your problem.

Im out of town now but when i get home ill put a new temperature sensor, ill get back to you on Tuesday, thanks for your help, happy veterans day.

You should probably get a new plug as well. It is fairly common for them to get moisture in them, and corrode the plug out.

Back