• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4L80e and motor mounts

FellowTraveler

Reaction score
My 99 Burb has a 4L80e that has a tab sticking out on the drivers side of the bell housing, when I lift the motor to get clearance to change out the motor mount the tab gets caught on the floor panel just inside the firewall limiting further movement.

I have both mounts disconnected as well a removed the transmission/t-case mount so I could have most movement but I'm suck on this one so I ask if anyone knows a work around this type of issue.

no experience, but I want to post to see what the outcome is, dad's 98 needs mounts, and his is speced the same powertrain wise.

I did mine without issue, but that was a 95 trans(your 99 could be the new revised style that is greatly improved). Sounds like it's hammer time to me.

Well, I had to shift the entire drive train in order to get that tool tab on the transmission case to clear the firewall and floor panel.

Back