• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4l80

Welcome to the forum @Cary iirc it will work, but there are a few things internal that will need to be changed. the harness will be one, do a search on the forums, you'll find several post by our resident trans expert @THEFERMANATOR on what all would have to be done for it to work. he hasn't been online for a bit, but once he sees this, I am sure he will comment on the differences.

This might help you. I did a search and found this thread.

This might help you. I did a search and found this thread.

Wow how do you talk to any one on here that knows answers to anything is there only one person and he is sick so nobody else knows anything.

I am gonna answer on the hope you don’t understand how much an asshoel you sounded like wasn’t your intention. Because if you don’t know then talk shti that others aren’t knocking down the walls to come help you for free....

Many forums have a lot of people that will give partial answers or simply wrong answers. So rather than that:

Because it is a transmission question and THEFERMANATOR is not just a guy that has some descent knowledge. Dude is an outright rockstar genius with transmissions. Especially when it comes to what 4l80e and the wide variety of what works and what doesn’t.

I’ve rebuilt trannys, worked in small shops, huge fleets and dealerships. But I don’t wanna answer your question with a no, when he might know a way it can work.

Will it fit physically? Yes. Will every bolt hole line up and be used- no. Tranny mount may not fit exactly. Are both 2wd or both 4wd- that makes a difference. How the shifting fits is questionable.
You don’t specify what your 94 has. Is it a diesel? Is it the old service half ton that had the 6 cylinder and 4l80e? If either of those and half the other engine options from 94, you definitely need a different tc.

I wanna say there is a detail about the speedo that won’t work but it has been too many years for me to pull off out of memory.

The big one. Electronics. Good luck. I either did everything by the book or completely custom. So all new gauges, ditch the control modules, do everything on stand alone units. It might be possible to do it with factory 02 stuff but good luck finding someone to have the knowledge and share it for free. Ferminator is that guy. This is why everyone left it open until he answers.

Otherwise maybe call your local junkyard and see what they tell you.

I am gonna answer on the hope you don’t understand how much an asshoel you sounded like wasn’t your intention. Because if you don’t know then talk shti that others aren’t knocking down the walls to come help you for free....

Many forums have a lot of people that will give partial answers or simply wrong answers. So rather than that:

Because it is a transmission question and THEFERMANATOR is not just a guy that has some descent knowledge. Dude is an outright rockstar genius with transmissions. Especially when it comes to what 4l80e and the wide variety of what works and what doesn’t.

I’ve rebuilt trannys, worked in small shops, huge fleets and dealerships. But I don’t wanna answer your question with a no, when he might know a way it can work.

Will it fit physically? Yes. Will every bolt hole line up and be used- no. Tranny mount may not fit exactly. Are both 2wd or both 4wd- that makes a difference. How the shifting fits is questionable.
You don’t specify what your 94 has. Is it a diesel? Is it the old service half ton that had the 6 cylinder and 4l80e? If either of those and half the other engine options from 94, you definitely need a different tc.

I wanna say there is a detail about the speedo that won’t work but it has been too many years for me to pull off out of memory.

The big one. Electronics. Good luck. I either did everything by the book or completely custom. So all new gauges, ditch the control modules, do everything on stand alone units. It might be possible to do it with factory 02 stuff but good luck finding someone to have the knowledge and share it for free. Ferminator is that guy. This is why everyone left it open until he answers.

Otherwise maybe call your local junkyard and see what they tell you.
An excellent reply @Will L.
I was going to reply to welcome him to the forum, but, now that welcome is pending how he replies with an explanation of his last post.

Back