• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4L80 swap

MrFlorida

Reaction score
I am new here so Id first like to say hello to all and God bless, hopefully I can be of some use to you all as well. Well here goes nothing. I own an ol 1991 chevy 3500 dually single cab dont know if it was the original engine or not as I am not the first owner but it currently has the 454 powered by the famous th400. I am in the process of plotting an overhaul installing the Lq9 the engine I am sure will fit without issue as the engine compartment is massive, my question is will the 4L80 fit or will I be up the creek in headache? Thanks in advance.

Will L. Thank you kindly sir the information is not going to waste I assure you that thanks for taking the time to provide this. Hopefully I will be able to return the favor.

All 91 8 lugs came stock with a 4l80e, square body as well as gmt400, so somebody has swapped yours out before.

Man O man, go figure. All things considered it sounds like there won't be anything to concerning to scratch me head on. Thank you kindly sir knowledge truly is power.

Which series truck do you have ? Old body style is R/V , newer is the C/K series .

Which series truck do you have ? Old body style is R/V , newer is the C/K series .

Good Morning bud I am not sure which exactly but here is a picture. Sorry for the wait just been going going going. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20200813_114405.jpg
    20200813_114405.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 3
Yep , they came stock . I did one in my 86 . Had to move the crossmember back , shorten the driveshaft and do a little on the shift linkage . . You should have holes in the frame to move the crossmember back and deal with the driveshaft . And figure out what was done to the electrical part of the trans .

Yep , they came stock . I did one in my 86 . Had to move the crossmember back , shorten the driveshaft and do a little on the shift linkage . . You should have holes in the frame to move the crossmember back and deal with the driveshaft . And figure out what was done to the electrical part of the trans .
Whewww... music to my ears sounds straight forward enough. I will definitely get right on that, I figure I can purchase a new 4l80e for around 2k or so. Thank you kindly sir

Back