• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4 inch exhaust

If you're asking because you're looking for one for your 6.5, I have a 07 d-max exhaust on my 92 6.5, no muffler - flows great and sounds even better. 3.5 inch is plenty for the 6.5

Smitty

I have the 4 inch on the 6.5; runs great. Just tired of the drone on a trip. Looking for a quiet 4 inch muffler.

It's not cheap, but put a CORSA 8004000 muffler on it. It will STOP the drone dead in it's tracks, but will allow the exhaust to have a deeper sound and still be loud out the pipe when you get on it. Even with the DURAMAX in my BURB(one of teh WORST bodystyles for drone), I get no drone at all with the CORSA muffler. It is loud out the tail pipe though, so if you tow a large trailer I reccomend getting a tip to get the sound out past it or else it will echo off of it.

Noise and drone is probably different for everyone's taste. Might have some to do with stainless exhaust, since pipe and muffler have thinner material. I have a regular cab.

Back